Just bought IceCap Algae Scrubber

guysmiley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @zachtos! One of our product experts would be happy to help you with this. You can reach them by either emailing [email protected] or you can submit a ticket at support.coralvue.com.
my brand new medium size turned up today i was so happy till i noticed it was broken =( i got it from ebay and the guy told me i could glue it , im gutted it cost close to 600 nzd by the time shipping was added

Attachments

• IMG_0994.JPG
    IMG_0994.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 66

zachtos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clue it it's really easy and extremely powerful glue it basically welds it. It sets in minutes but you should let it sit overnight before water. Weld on 4 or 16. Cheap glue on amazon.

zachtos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually bought a second medium size algae turf scrubber and they're both already filling up within a week on my 300. The newer turf scrubber is actually quite a bit better they put a bunch of little tweaks compared to my other one and it's actually pretty good now. I do have to say that my $17 flood lights from Amazon are growing algae much faster on the other turf scrubber than the blue white lights that they send.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my brand new medium size turned up today i was so happy till i noticed it was broken =( i got it from ebay and the guy told me i could glue it , im gutted it cost close to 600 nzd by the time shipping was added

Don‘t you have recourse through eBay and PayPal buyer protection? I would imagine that any shipping damage would be covered, no?

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
spread some Weldon 16 on there (or the equivalent - not sure if you can actually get anything in NZ) and let it sit overnight. It won't look pretty but it will work.

guysmiley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
spread some Weldon 16 on there (or the equivalent - not sure if you can actually get anything in NZ) and let it sit overnight. It won't look pretty but it will work.
after spending over 5k on my new build id rather not just glue it up even tho it may fix the problem aesthetically it wont be pleasing to my eyes lol

Back