Just got microscope and something is killing fish

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious as to why is your tank and sump temps of by 10 degrees?

ge4rhead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7 stage Brs RODI ph .038 0 ammonia

3ABB63F2-3127-404A-9828-AD1E239F3FE9.png
is your alk really 5.53??? shouldnt that be 8-11???

ge4rhead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive used rods food, frozen and freeze dried. never had any issues like that before. where are your nitrates, nitrites, ammonia, and phoshates at? isnt there usually a nutrient issue if you have dino? ive never had dino before but ive always kept my nutrients in check.

OP
OP
action21

action21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of nori? where did you buy it?

What else do you feed with?

Anything new in the aquarium when your lost the fishes?
I was only feeding LRS reef frenzy fish frenzy and ocean nutrition red marina algae with garlic extract

OP
OP
action21

action21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive used rods food, frozen and freeze dried. never had any issues like that before. where are your nitrates, nitrites, ammonia, and phoshates at? isnt there usually a nutrient issue if you have dino? ive never had dino before but ive always kept my nutrients in check.
Yes. Triton method since start also dosing aminos. Was over feeding I believe a bit giving fish half sheet nori each day

ge4rhead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s in your water sample?!?

Wow.....I will stop sucking my water with my mouth when I want to drop acclimate my fish.
if you drink water out of the ground there is stuff like that in there too. unless you drink only ro water which isnt very good for you.

ge4rhead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Triton method since start also dosing aminos. Was over feeding I believe a bit giving fish half sheet nori each day
ive heard people say overdosing amino acids is really bad. i give my tank aminos from time to time but not on a schedule or anything. i just pick a random day once a week or once in a two week period. depending on what else i add to my tank.

OP
OP
action21

action21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive heard people say overdosing amino acids is really bad. i give my tank aminos from time to time but not on a schedule or anything. i just pick a random day once a week or once in a two week period. depending on what else i add to my tank.
Yes mine are dosed based on remarks fromtriton icp. Icp tests sent quarterly

Dimorb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont dose anything other than trace elements and balling. Managed by ICP every other week.

So it shouldn't be toxic or overdose for me.

Perhaps some kind of parasite or build up inside of fish.

Dimorb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting to get really frustrated.. :(

Lost a N. elegans 35 cm and a A. leucosternon 20-25 cm two weeks ago and this time it's a A. achilles and a A. olivaceus showing the same signs. :( :(

If there is something poisness it doesnt show on ICP it has to be inside the fish - maybe builds up to a point were the fish breaks down and gets sick.. with sickness/blindness comes bullying from other fishes, no feeding and other problems like extra weak/cant resist parasites etc..

I'm thinking it might be something that builds up inside the fish over time.. this only affects my largest fish - the ones that have eaten the most over a long time.

Or.. something poisness inside the aquarium that kills the fish.

Any advices? Need help with this problem.

Fishes affected over a 6 years period: Z. xanthurum, A. leucosternon, A. olivaceus, N. elegans. A. achilles.. :(

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should consider sending a water sample to AquaBiomics for DNA analysis.

They can identify a number of known fish and/or coral pathogens based on the DNA of bacteria in the water. Here’s a report from my tank that was identified with a pathogen that kills chromis:

Attachments

• 1000104.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 87

Dimorb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should consider sending a water sample to AquaBiomics for DNA analysis.

They can identify a number of known fish and/or coral pathogens based on the DNA of bacteria in the water. Here’s a report from my tank that was identified with a pathogen that kills chromis:

Thank you very much. I will use this asap. :)

Even if they dont find anything I will get some answers regarding if it's a problem inside the fish or external attack :)

I love this forum. :)

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 52 54.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 30 31.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back