Just got shrimp goby pair, but shrimp disappeared when they were put in

Jicklenop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a paired candy Pistol shrimp and a yellow watchman goby from my lfs today. I got home and acclimated them in the same bucket and then added them into the tank. The shrimp bolted immediately and I lost where it ran off too, leaving the goby all by itself. Since they were already paired before I'm hoping that this is just because of the move but I wanted to check as I'm still rather new and check if they will pair back up or if there is something I'll need to do so they find each other again.

Gregg @ ADP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eventually you will figure out where the shrimp went by the pile it leaves from digging out its tunnels. The govt may find it on its own, or you might have to guide it over.

The way I do it is ‘pre-build’ the shrimp spot. Deeper sand bed, more bigger, chunkier pieces so they can stabilize their tunnels, etc. Then I take the long siphon tube, stick it into the sand where I want them to go, and then pour goby and shrimp down the tube.

Pistols rarely look for greener pastures, so it will probably stay where you put it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back