Just joined

Mandie R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening guys. Hope everyone is safe and well. I've had a lovely, active, well fed, happy Atlantic nem for about 3 months now. However, today he has been acting very strange. Not really moving too much, his foot is elongated, hasn't opened up too much and just now noticed a completely clear, jelly like, jellyfish looking piece of ?? I don't know.
Any 8deas please
20210530_175447.jpg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening guys. Hope everyone is safe and well. I've had a lovely, active, well fed, happy Atlantic nem for about 3 months now. However, today he has been acting very strange. Not really moving too much, his foot is elongated, hasn't opened up too much and just now noticed a completely clear, jelly like, jellyfish looking piece of ?? I don't know.
Any 8deas please
20210530_175447.jpg
Hi Mandie & Welcome!

Has it always been white? Usually pure white not good sign but I'm going to defer to others as it may just be giving off waste in an unusual fashion... There are other places you'll get more targeted response than this Meet and Greet forum, such as: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/anemone-clownfish-discussion.182/

Upvote 0

KK's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any 8deas please
20210530_175447.jpg
Welcome to the forum!

Upvote 0

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you had any temperature spikes or has the nem been exposed to a bright light?
Anemone bleaching (like coral bleaching) typically results when the environment changes, causing the nem to expel the host algae that gives them their color. The anemone provides the algae with carbon dioxide and other nutrients that they need to live, and in return the algae provide the anemone with oxygen and food like glycerol that the anemone needs. A nem can survive bleaching because it may receive nutrients from sources other than symbiotic algae. (Plankton, etc.) The nem does typically shrink in size when it has gone through a bleaching and it can take some time to recover.
I would keep an eye on your temps, check your salinity and make sure it is getting something like phyto. Keep an eye on it. I hope it gets better!
Oh! and Welcome to the salty family!!!

Upvote 0

lelandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with others

WELCOME!
Here are some resources you may like

If you like to read

If you prefer video’s. This video series is “5 minute guide”, good info. BRS TV has lots of different series.

Here’s a getting the most out of Reef2Reef link

Upvote 0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 22.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back