Just recieved my so called new and improved cartons?

Discussion in 'Triton Applied Reef Bioscience' started by Daltrey, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Daltrey

Daltrey Valuable Member Build Thread Contributor

Guess what. They still leak. Thanks for nothing.

These were ordered from Bulk Reef Supply this week.

Don't worry about it though @Bulk Reef Supply will just cover your screw ups.

20180308_174500.jpg

20180308_174529.jpg

20180308_173938.jpg

20180308_174008.jpg

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    Tags:

2. HolisticBear

HolisticBear Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

I received a Boron supplement in a leaking milk container this week, but it had date from mid-last year. What's the date on these containers?

IMG_20180307_185235.jpg

3. Daltrey

I will look when I get back home. I just ordered them this week from bulk reef supply and recieved this afternoon. I will also check to see which one leaked.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  4. Breadman03

Breadman03 Valuable Member Catskill Reef Member

@Daltrey, did yours come in bags with a metal band holding the top shut? I got some Core7 Other methods last week that came that way. The inside of all but one of the bags was dry. The remaining one had maybe a drop in the bag.

5. Daltrey

No, they came inside a bigger box with air bags packed around the smaller Triton box. I just had time to open it and check before leaving for work. I won't be back home until in the morning and I can take pics of the shipping box then. The UPS guy just left it on my porch or I would have refused delivery. The whole box was soggy and has what looks like salt creep all over it.

6. Daltrey

I've invested alot of time and money setting up a system based on Triton's principles and this is just a big disappointment.

20180304_214038.jpg

20180225_121027.jpg

75154EF2-3B09-4E9F-BA54-F8E21BF6FE4F.jpeg

7. Skynyrd Fish

Skynyrd Fish Active Member

That is a bummer. Sereously, what are they saving by switching containers? Are they worried about out gassing of plastic? Seems like a pain to buy new machines and switch packaging. Are they saving that much money in supplies and shipping? I have read nothing but complaints with these. BTW I just started ATI. lol

8. blazeby

blazeby Member

Mine arrived from @Bulk Reef Supply today also - completely smashed and leaking everywhere, I suspect UPS tho as they came in a big plastic bah and my receipt is soaked thru.

IMG_8176.jpg

IMG_8177.jpg

9. Want2BS8ed

Want2BS8ed Active Member R2R Supporter

Did anyone ever have a plastic container leak in transit?

10. BobNY

BobNY Member

I had 2 out of 3 damaged. One of them UPS didn't even try to deliver. Tracking said damaged returning to shipper. One of the 2 that was delivered had one container leaking. The top of the container was damaged. It seems the containers aren't leaking on their own, but have trouble surviving shipping.

My fear is that retailers like BRS will stop carrying the Triton products because of all of the problems they have with it. I have spent the past few months and thousands of dollars totally redesigning my system to run the Triton system. It would really stink if that happened. Hopefully they will get through this and come up with a solution to put all this in the past.

11. Lasse

Lasse Valuable Member R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

I do not really understand your concern with your redesigning system because the basic design - IMO it works very well with other dosing system too. Both with calcium reactors and 3 parts solutions. I have not tested the 2 part but - I´m sure it will work too. I have run my aquaria for nearly 2 years with the basic design like Tritons - flow, skimmer, fuge and so on but with a 3 parts solution. However - I need to ad some trace elements and more basic chemicals as iodine and NO2 (I´m one of these persons that believe that Iodine is important when using macro algae) - i do that with help of my ICP tests. I´m on my way to switch to use Core 7 (other methods) of different reasons - among others that´s more concentrated and it content a balanced mix of different needed substances (IMO if you want a system as near NSV as possible).

The real advantage with the Triton system (IMO) is their holistic point of view and that can you use with other dosing system too - but probably with more work and more costs for additives.

Sincerely Lasse

12. Daltrey

Cost savings is the whole reason I switched to Triton Core 7. The need to eliminate costly saltwater changes as well as the time it also takes to perform them. I went from 25 gallon saltwater changes every two weeks to replenishing the needed elements by dosing Triton Core 7.

To individually buy all of the elements would be cost prohibitive, time consuming and defeat the whole purpose.

13. Tim@Triton

Tim@Triton Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor

Please contact me directly on tim@triton.de if you have any issues having the affected products replaced.

14. Daltrey

Ok, I just got home. It is the Core 7 (1) that leaked out. The leak is coming from where the top flap joins.

There was no box damage to blame for this. The Triton box was shipped securely in bubble wrap in a bigger box. The Triton carton top was not sealed properly.

A pic of me holding it upside down.

20180309_063255.jpg

20180309_063245.jpg

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    jzw likes this.
  15. Daltrey

Here is a picture showing how much wasted bubble wrap was used to ship this in along with both boxes it came packed in.

20180309_063959.jpg

20180309_064147.jpg

20180309_064122.jpg

jzw likes this.
  16. Mrx7899

Mrx7899 Well-Known Member

What a mess unfortunately leaking cartons are going to be part of Triton now either from shipping or just a bad seal. I doubt they're going to go back to plastic.

17. Solis Reef

Solis Reef Active Member Build Thread Contributor

I build my sump with triton in mind but I’m waiting until they get this fix. Hope fully soon. Good luck my friend

18. jzw

jzw Active Member

this is such crap. after opening, i don't even know how to store this stuff.

the brightwell plastic bottle is comparatively top class, it cost $11. the triton tetra-pak milk contaner is flimsy as all hell, cost $32, and is on the verge of leaking. grocery store milk containers are sturdier.

who's making these stupid *** decisions at triton??? fire them. don't care who it was, fire them.

20180309_130420.jpg

Tobbe, Daltrey and Skynyrd Fish like this.
  19. Jaculus

Jaculus Active Member R2R Supporter

Well,, us larger tank guys will still have the 10L ones coming soon? I say that not holding my breath,,, but I can't imagine they will use the Paper Cartons for the 10L size that would be an even larger mess.

jzw likes this.
  20. Jaculus

Jaculus Active Member R2R Supporter

Here's my thought though on this. If Triton wanted to be all earthy and save the planet,,, I doubt they considered the effect of the transport across the ocean then repackaged and sent into the ground transportation methods of UPS. I don't recall hearing of many issues with these milk carton packages leaking in Europe. So,, here's an idea Triton,,, at LEAST bring back the Plastic bottles for the US market. It MAY be your only chance.

Oberst Oswald likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted