Just Started my Second Ich Battle in 3 Years

KyleC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm only a month out of fallow for ich, which came with the tank/fish when I bought it a few months back.... I added 2 fish a few days ago, and already see 2 white spots on the royal gramma -_-

The thought of another fallow period after only just adding my first fish (excl ones that came with it) makes me feel ill! Can anyone shed anymore info on using H202 such as dosage etc? Think I'll try the management route.

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm only a month out of fallow for ich, which came with the tank/fish when I bought it a few months back.... I added 2 fish a few days ago, and already see 2 white spots on the royal gramma -_-

The thought of another fallow period after only just adding my first fish (excl ones that came with it) makes me feel ill! Can anyone shed anymore info on using H202 such as dosage etc? Think I'll try the management route.
Go on humble.fish and search they have the dosage regimen. It is touted for velvet, not ich. That being said H2O2 added into the tank increases oxygen so maybe it helps the fish survive the ich attack. UV can and will kill it, but can’t swear it will kill it all. Did you QT the new arrivals?

OP
OP
L

ledgeco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ich management seems to be easier if you buy fish from a company that puts the fish through the quarantine process. It’s less parasite introduction to the tank while the previous ich strains fizzle out/fish build an immunity.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back