Just Wanted to Share a pic of my SpaceMonsters!

Bubbles_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:smile: Hope you folks like them. Not much of a photographer. Photo shot with Canon PowerShot A1100 IS :neutral:

IMG_0285.jpg

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice zoas man, they look great. How are they in terms of growth? I wouldn't mind picking up one of these from a swap or something.

reefkoi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man those grow fast! how long have you had them? and how many polyps did you start with? Do you sell them??

Chris

OP
OP
Bubbles_B

Bubbles_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say the growth rate on these are pretty moderate 1.5 polyps/month. It has taken a little under a year to get this many from a single polyp.

Nice zoas man, they look great. How are they in terms of growth? I wouldn't mind picking up one of these from a swap or something.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that's a nice little colony you have there how long have you had them?

OP
OP
Bubbles_B

Bubbles_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:haha: Wassup C! I have had them for a little under a year say 9-10 months now. I started with a single polyp from you, Your Awesome Beardedness! 1smile1 And no, I haven't sold a single one since I've had them I have grown very attached to them. Not really looking to sell them any time soon until they cover up a chunk of live rock as a center piece. Now that you mentioned something about it I "may" be open to it... :angel:

Barry

man those grow fast! how long have you had them? and how many polyps did you start with? Do you sell them??

Chris

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I feed my palys all the time, my everlasting gobstoppers even eat mysis it's crazy.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I feed my palys all the time, my everlasting gobstoppers even eat mysis it's crazy.

Yeah, I agree. Before my Captain America colony decided to melt on me, they were hogs. By far the biggest eaters I've ever seen. I'd look at feeding and about 15 polyps had a mysis sticking out of its mouth. It was a cool sight for sure.

OP
OP
Bubbles_B

Bubbles_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I agree. Before my Captain America colony decided to melt on me, they were hogs. By far the biggest eaters I've ever seen. I'd look at feeding and about 15 polyps had a mysis sticking out of its mouth. It was a cool sight for sure.

Yeah my CaptainAmerica colony also feeds on the RN OysterFeast and mysis as well. Who knew these types of corals had such a hunger for such meaty foods. Chomp Chomp...lol :ah:

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah my CaptainAmerica colony also feeds on the RN OysterFeast and mysis as well. Who knew these types of corals had such a hunger for such meaty foods. Chomp Chomp...lol :ah:

Haha, no kidding. It surprised me the first time I saw it, since I've never had a zoa so hungry before. haha.

reefkoi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL thats right I forgot I sold you one, a long time ago, was the first space monster I sold if I remember correctly :) Now that I look at that pic closer I see the hex disk they are on ;)

Glad they did good for you! Wish i had a big colony like that LOL

C

ctxmonitor

My Reef Creation
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had mine but dont know why mine look totally different, lol.. But i had it on the top where it is getting a lot of light.. ;)

MimicOcto8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow thats a good picture for a cannon powershot. I use to use one and i couldnt get any of my corals to look that good. well done.

RonMidtownStomp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got mine last week. It's in high light. We'll see how it does and how long it takes to have babies. I'll get some photos up soon.

OP
OP
Bubbles_B

Bubbles_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for taking the time to look over this thread :xd: I appreciate all the feedback. I just adore these awesome little guys. And a huge thanks to the BeardedMan that made it all possible. Mr. C @ reefkoi.com and his pal JGonz, you guys rock! Not to mention your customer service and product quality is way too awesome that's why I am a loyal customer. Hopefully I can share more photos soon. Enjoy the rest of the night and have a great workwork R2R members :bigsmile:

Regards,
Barry aka Bubbles_B

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back