My urchin loves his piggy!

obsessedfishlady

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 17, 2021
Messages
724
Reaction score
646
Location
Centre Hall, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to share and make you smile, it made me smile. I couldn’t help but share! But here’s my tuxedo urchin (his name is spike) and he’s carrying a little piggy around my tank

I even caught him carrying around a toothpick that he found once (I think I had used it to secure something)

What’s the funniest thing your urchin has carried around???

IMG_8414.jpeg


 
Mine loves the floating (until he or his brother gets it) thermometer... I gotta get something fun for him to grab, though!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20240319_185150_366.jpg
    IMG_20240319_185150_366.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20240319_185137_612.jpg
    IMG_20240319_185137_612.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 130
Mine has carried a long pice of filter floss. He got it off my powerhead.
Currently it's got a wavinghand anthill growing on it. Yes that is all growth I was a single polyop. Along with a stolimaia snail.
 

Attachments

  • 20231231_182448.jpg
    20231231_182448.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 20231231_161935.jpg
    20231231_161935.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 20231231_165435.jpg
    20231231_165435.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 20240316_172449.jpg
    20240316_172449.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 121
Mine has carried a long pice of filter floss. He got it off my powerhead.
Currently it's got a wavinghand anthill growing on it. Yes that is all growth I was a single polyop. Along with a stolimaia snail.
Outstanding! He's also actively cleaning your water too now...
 
Just wanted to share and make you smile, it made me smile. I couldn’t help but share! But here’s my tuxedo urchin (his name is spike) and he’s carrying a little piggy around my tank

I even caught him carrying around a toothpick that he found once (I think I had used it to secure something)

What’s the funniest thing your urchin has carried around???

IMG_8414.jpeg



Okay now thats cool!!
 
Yea! I've started to call it the new version of a anenome.

I also see your username is roatan. I was just diving there!
Sweet, where about? We love Roatan and Bonaire....trying Curacao this year. Love snorkeling/diving Roatan/Bonaire!
 
Just wanted to share and make you smile, it made me smile. I couldn’t help but share! But here’s my tuxedo urchin (his name is spike) and he’s carrying a little piggy around my tank

I even caught him carrying around a toothpick that he found once (I think I had used it to secure something)

What’s the funniest thing your urchin has carried around???

IMG_8414.jpeg



That's funny, of all things it can carry it is a pig haha
 
Sweet, where about? We love Roatan and Bonaire....trying Curacao this year. Love snorkeling/diving Roatan/Bonaire!
We went to sandy Bay? Ut was Anthony's key resort/overheat reef.
We were there on a cruse. Really cool since it was my first time diving below 30 feet and not in a large polluted dead area.
 
Mine has carried a long pice of filter floss. He got it off my powerhead.
Currently it's got a wavinghand anthill growing on it. Yes that is all growth I was a single polyop. Along with a stolimaia snail.
Oh my gosh haha! It’s so big for him! The coral looks cool though! He’s blending in nicely lol
 
We went to sandy Bay? Ut was Anthony's key resort/overheat reef.
We were there on a cruse. Really cool since it was my first time diving below 30 feet and not in a large polluted dead area.
I don’t think I could go diving. I LOVE the ocean and would love to be apart of reef conservation but getting past even the top of my foot in the water at a beach is terrifying to me. I fish in the ocean sometimes and the teeth on fish that are only a foot deep and things like bristle worms in my fish tank make me not want to go in lol! I’m fascinated by a distance
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new