Jwhann's 15 gallon Nano Reef

jwhann6

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 30, 2016
Messages
118
Reaction score
100
Location
Pittsburgh
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been a member of R2R for awhile now, but never got around to creating a tank thread. Maybe I was scared, but I figured that I wanted a place to keep a journal of my tanks progression. My set up it unorthodox in ways, but I want to share it in hopes that it might help someone else.

So here's what I have:

15 gallon glass aquarium
24" Reefbreeder LED light
HOB filter in which I run Chemipure Blue and purigen
2 hydor powerheads (180gph, 240gph)
75w marineland heater
(ato coming soon)

*no sump, no skimmer (crazy right?!)
(I'm a 10% weekly water change type of guy)

Livestock:
1 - blue-green chromis
1 - Indo hammer/frogspawn hybrid coral
1 - Indo hammer coral
1 - Green birdnest
Some green and purple zoas (not exactly sure of their going name atm)
~12lbs of dry rock and 10lbs of live sand
3 Astrea Snails


I'll include some pictures as well, but here's to the start of my tank thread.

image1-5.JPG


image2-4.JPG


image3-2.JPG


image4.JPG


image5.JPG
 
Great looking little tank! Love the rock scape
 
Looks good!
 
Update: Finally was able to find a nice yellow clown goby! He's been in the tank for about a week now, eating and warming up to my chromis. Here are a few pics..

image1-6.JPG


image2-5.JPG


image3-3.JPG
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new