K7 PRO III Spectrum Sharing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I see, I read somewhere that greening can also be caused by too much iron. Would you recommend a reliable test kit aside from ICP, since it's not available in my country?

Thanks! The tank was custom-made to fit into my limited space, hence the dimension. There are plenty of local aquarium makers here in Indonesia, some are accustomed to making saltwater-specific tank
This is a great read for Acro colors. It mentions the Iron for greens but too much iron will cause algae and browning out of corals.

matskibanov

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, Acros can go green for a little bit while adjusting to your tank.
Do you have any opinion as to how long would it probably take to recover, considering the tank has been "stable" enough before and since the day I put in the frags (very very rarely interfered except for daily glass cleaning and weekly water change). as far as my observation, most of them have quite a nice PE and I can also start to notice a lil bit encrusting happens

matskibanov

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great read for Acro colors. It mentions the Iron for greens but too much iron will cause algae and browning out of corals.

Thanks! I read that article a while ago which said that yellow is supposed to be the sign of a healthy tank for acros, which concerns me a bit and then made me go through a journey of more reading here and there

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Do you have any opinion as to how long would it probably take to recover, considering the tank has been "stable" enough before and since the day I put in the frags (very very rarely interfered except for daily glass cleaning and weekly water change). as far as my observation, most of them have quite a nice PE and I can also start to notice a lil bit encrusting happens
Acros are not my specialty. Give me a minute and let me find a thread that has a TON of great info.

duganderson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would someone be willing to share a good programming for a 15 g cube with softies, lps and a Rainbow bubble tip.

How do I transition the QR code to my light. Do I just take a photo of the code with my phone. Then, how do I transition this to the app on my phone.

Thank you! Doug

Last edited:

JoeyBagadonuts

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a little downtime last night and was looking at some new spectrums. I found two from Ecotech and one from Reef Builders. I thought I would share a few setting QR codes for the Noop-Psyche app. Using @BeanAnimal Noo-Psyche Profile Generator, I took the percentages that they stated for each channel. The spectrums look good depending on what kelvin you like. The attachments below in order; the first is Ecotech AB+, the second is the Ecotech SPS Phoenix 14k, and the third was a Reef Builder one. If anything it could give you a good starting point that you could tweak to your personal tastes. Enjoy!
Ecotech.AB+.4.12.24.jpg
Ecotech.PHX14.4.12.24.jpg ReefBuilders.4.12.24.jpg

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a little downtime last night and was looking at some new spectrums. I found two from Ecotech and one from Reef Builders. I thought I would share a few setting QR codes for the Noop-Psyche app. Using @BeanAnimal Noo-Psyche Profile Generator, I took the percentages that they stated for each channel. The spectrums look good depending on what kelvin you like. The attachments below in order; the first is Ecotech AB+, the second is the Ecotech SPS Phoenix 14k, and the third was a Reef Builder one. If anything it could give you a good starting point that you could tweak to your personal tastes. Enjoy!
Ecotech.AB+.4.12.24.jpg
Ecotech.PHX14.4.12.24.jpg ReefBuilders.4.12.24.jpg
Just saved the Ecotech profiles. Any par numbers on any of these?

duganderson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

JoeyBagadonuts. This is GREAT! Thank you!​

Curious how you and others re-create the profiles????

If I wanted to use one of these profiles but needed to dial down the par, would you just reduce the power of each color by the same percentage?

Curious if you or others feel like these profiles are better than using the Noopsyche profiles?

I currently use the Noopsyche Mixed LPS/SPS setting and then I dial down the power of each color until I get the par that I need with a par meter. I then dial up the white light until I get the look I like. Is this a good strategy or would it be smarter to use a known profile like one of these that has the "look" that I like? Any other thoughts, feedback, ideas, articles, etc. appreciated!

I have a mixed reef with softies (zoos, nepthea, toadstool leather, Xenia, GSP), photosynthetic gorgonians, a couple display macro alages, quite a few LPS (torches, frogspawn, etc.) and a few easy SPS (bird nest, monti plating, digi).

Thank you! Doug

JoeyBagadonuts

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem at all. I like having multiple profiles to choose from. I have also created ones for doing maintenance or if I just want all blues at a given time. I use BeanAnimals profile generator to make the profile and any adjustments. You could select the specific channel and dial it down to your liking. Or selecting all the channels would drop or raise them at the same ratio. And of course you can change the duration or peak time of the schedule to your own preferences. I don’t have any issues with the pre-programmed SPS and LPS profiles in the app. But coming from metal halide/T5’s, neither of them are visually appealing to me. I was running two Phoenix 150w bulbs with Blue+/actinic T5 supplements. When the halides were on it was much whiter than what you typically see these days. So I used the generator and tried to duplicate my old schedule. I love what I came up with and apparently my corals do as well. I am getting some growth that I didn’t get with the halides which honestly shocks me a little bit. But I know the AB+ schedule is quite popular so when I ran across it I figured I would try to convert over to the NP app. I think it has a nice look to it. I don’t have a par meter but I would be interested to see what the results would be. I am running a similar mixed reef to yours. Minus the GSP/Xenia. I’ve been down that road before. Lol.

paradizecityz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem at all. I like having multiple profiles to choose from. I have also created ones for doing maintenance or if I just want all blues at a given time. I use BeanAnimals profile generator to make the profile and any adjustments. You could select the specific channel and dial it down to your liking. Or selecting all the channels would drop or raise them at the same ratio. And of course you can change the duration or peak time of the schedule to your own preferences. I don’t have any issues with the pre-programmed SPS and LPS profiles in the app. But coming from metal halide/T5’s, neither of them are visually appealing to me. I was running two Phoenix 150w bulbs with Blue+/actinic T5 supplements. When the halides were on it was much whiter than what you typically see these days. So I used the generator and tried to duplicate my old schedule. I love what I came up with and apparently my corals do as well. I am getting some growth that I didn’t get with the halides which honestly shocks me a little bit. But I know the AB+ schedule is quite popular so when I ran across it I figured I would try to convert over to the NP app. I think it has a nice look to it. I don’t have a par meter but I would be interested to see what the results would be. I am running a similar mixed reef to yours. Minus the GSP/Xenia. I’ve been down that road before. Lol.

You wouldn't happen to have the channel % would you? Just like to compare without importing/export. If not, no worries!

JoeyBagadonuts

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You wouldn't happen to have the channel % would you? Just like to compare without importing/export. If not, no worries!
I have these two for you.

For AB+ : UV, Blue, Cyan at 100% and White, Green, and Red at 24%. 9 hours total. One hour ramp up, 7 hours, then one hour ramp down.

For SPS Phx14K : UV, Blue, Cyan at 100%, White 24%, Green 17%, and Red at 30%. 9 hours total. One hour ramp up, 7 hours, then one hour ramp down.

duganderson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this was way too much par for me, would the accurate way to tune down the par but maintain the growth and look be something like....

30% of total par = 30% of UV, Blue, Cyan and 7% of white, green and red.

duganderson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one more question.....

What channels are which color? Here's what I thought but it does not line up with yours color wise.

1. White
2. blue
3. Greeen
4. Purple
5. UV
6. Red

JoeyBagadonuts

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your calculation seems to make sense. You have cut down the three main channels so par should fall considerably. Having the other channels around 7% shouldn’t have much of an effect on par. You could probably adjust those to your liking visually with little to no effect. Your corals will let you know how they feel about it. lol.

Are you using the remote to program the lights? I do not, so I only know the channels by their color. But if you go back to page 2 of this thread it may help explain.

duganderson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JoeyBagadonuts......that is exactly what I needed.

Do you or anyone else have a comparison between the AB+ and NooPsyches SPS/LPS setting in look, performance, etc.?

AcuaMagia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

JoeyBagadonuts, Hello, good afternoon, Joe, I have purchased a K7 Pro III lamp, and I have seen the screen configuration that you just uploaded, that would work for SPS and LPS corals. I put this one, I don't know if it's right according to your knowledge, I need help, thank you​

qr-.png

JoeyBagadonuts

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I scanned it into the generator. You have blue, cyan, and UV up and the whites, greens, and reds down. That’s generally a successful mix. Try it out. Your corals should tell you pretty quickly if they are happy with it. If you don’t get the growth you want, or any at all, you could raise the levels and/or increase the time period. See if that makes a difference. If that still doesn’t work, take one of the programmed schedules and tweak it to your liking if need be.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back