Kalkwasser dosing pump suggestions?

gatohoser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would you suggest as the best dosing pump and then the best VALUE dosing pump options for dosing kalkwasser from a large mixing bin into a 240g system that is SPS dominated?

I am starting to be ready to dose kalkwasser into my two month old SPS system that has quite a few acro colonies in it already and would like to pick a pump and start it slow. I don’t want to buy a doser that will deteriorate as my usage increases. I know some recommend the Kamoer continuous dosing pump and wonder if that’s the best option and if there isn’t a more affordable option as that is >$300.

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would you suggest as the best dosing pump and then the best VALUE dosing pump options for dosing kalkwasser from a large mixing bin into a 240g system that is SPS dominated?

I am starting to be ready to dose kalkwasser into my two month old SPS system that has quite a few acro colonies in it already and would like to pick a pump and start it slow. I don’t want to buy a doser that will deteriorate as my usage increases. I know some recommend the Kamoer continuous dosing pump and wonder if that’s the best option and if there isn’t a more affordable option as that is >$300.
The Ecotech Versa is $199 and is rated for continuous use. I personally use the Kamoer X1 Pro, but I don't have a large tank like yours.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a Kamoer on my reactor and a Liter Meter 3 on my kalk stirrer. Haven't had issues with either.

Max93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Kamoer as well. Make sure you buy extra tube replacement things so you can replace them on the spot as needed.

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at the Liter Meter, bullet proof will last 2 lifetimes. This pump has been in the hobby i believe since the 90's or maybe even sooner.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tcook @Max93 The X1 pro or the STP continuous for your Kamoer suggestion? Or do you mean the X1 Pro stepper? Kamoer needs to work on its naming ;)

Thanks all!
Continuous
20220830_082305.jpg

Suspect

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You don’t need a continuous doser for kalk. A 50ml BRS doser connected to a timer works fine. If you ran it continuously you could dose 19 gallons a day, but your evaporation is likely much less.

amoore311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 4 versa's late last year, and returned every one. So needless to say I won't be recommending those.

-Kamoer X1 Pro-T is $150 and works great.
-Neptune Dos also works great if you have an apex already.

I myself use the Kamoer FXSTP for Kalk on my 220. Works great but its expensive for what it does. I just happened to have this thing from when I ran a CaRX.

On my frag system I use a neptune dos.

Natural_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently using Kamoer X1 Pro2 to dose saturated Kalkwasser solution. The X1 Pro2 is only allow up to 24 dosages per day which is OK. However my Alk consumption is steadily increasing so I am in the process of switching to Kalkwasser stirrer and will be using the FX-STP for continuous dripping.

OP
OP
gatohoser

gatohoser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kamoer X1 T2 pro is what I use on both my calcium reactor and Kalk stirrer I haven't had any issues.
Thanks. I see from watching a Parker’s Reef review on YouTube that this has continuous mode. Seems like a good price point if some are saying the STP is overkill. I have considered a calcium reactor though so the STP would have that as a plan B usage… hmmmm

Tiki_Reef

My daily driver is a nano.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I see from watching a Parker’s Reef review on YouTube that this has continuous mode. Seems like a good price point if some are saying the STP is overkill. I have considered a calcium reactor though so the STP would have that as a plan B usage… hmmmm
Parker's reef is what sold me on that pump.

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a BRS 50ml/m on my 22 gallon kalk stirrer.
Question on this. What do you use for a timer to control it multiple times a day? Standard light timers are only capable of several off on sets and not for a few minutes at a time

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question on this. What do you use for a timer to control it multiple times a day? Standard light timers are only capable of several off on sets and not for a few minutes at a time
I am using an outlet on my Hydros controller that adjusts the dosage based on my system pH.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back