Kalkwasser Neptune apex code?

TangsRLife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I built a diy Kalkwasser reactor where it drips the kalk into my sump at a constant drip. I have a pump hooked up to it from my rodi water reserve. I know that it pumps around 100 ml in 6 sec. I know how much I want to dose and I can figure out how long to turn it on in thirds throughout the day. I would preferably like to have the motor, which spins 3 times per minute to stir the kalk, and the pump on a same outlet. Is there a way to allow an outlet to turn on for only a few seconds? I started off with 3 minutes a day (1 minute at 00:00, 08:00, and 16:00) and it isn’t enough. I tried moving up to two minutes but that’s too much. Is there a way to turn on my outlet on for seconds on rather than minutes or a combination of both?

miPapareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use the oscillate command. Here’s a link to a auto code generator.
https://www.reeftronics.net/adpg/dosingcalc.php

Here’s a sample code that will turn the outlet on for 1 min 30 seconds every 8 hours (i.e. 3 times a day)
Fallback OFF
OSC 000:00/001:30/478:30 Then ON

If you want to increase the on time you make the 1:30 larger and reduce the 478:30 by the same amount.

Bob Lauson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also run a DIY Kalk reservoir which drips in to the sump through a peristaltic pump based on pH. I have a DIY stirrer built in and used to just run the stirrer all day. I change that so the stirrer now just comes on 30 seconds prior to the pump starting. I use a simple DEFER command to the dosing pump code in APEX the defers the start of the pump by 30 seconds after the stirrer kicks on.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back