Kalkwasser Neptune apex code?

TangsRLife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I built a diy Kalkwasser reactor where it drips the kalk into my sump at a constant drip. I have a pump hooked up to it from my rodi water reserve. I know that it pumps around 100 ml in 6 sec. I know how much I want to dose and I can figure out how long to turn it on in thirds throughout the day. I would preferably like to have the motor, which spins 3 times per minute to stir the kalk, and the pump on a same outlet. Is there a way to allow an outlet to turn on for only a few seconds? I started off with 3 minutes a day (1 minute at 00:00, 08:00, and 16:00) and it isn’t enough. I tried moving up to two minutes but that’s too much. Is there a way to turn on my outlet on for seconds on rather than minutes or a combination of both?

miPapareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use the oscillate command. Here’s a link to a auto code generator.
https://www.reeftronics.net/adpg/dosingcalc.php

Here’s a sample code that will turn the outlet on for 1 min 30 seconds every 8 hours (i.e. 3 times a day)
Fallback OFF
OSC 000:00/001:30/478:30 Then ON

If you want to increase the on time you make the 1:30 larger and reduce the 478:30 by the same amount.

Bob Lauson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also run a DIY Kalk reservoir which drips in to the sump through a peristaltic pump based on pH. I have a DIY stirrer built in and used to just run the stirrer all day. I change that so the stirrer now just comes on 30 seconds prior to the pump starting. I use a simple DEFER command to the dosing pump code in APEX the defers the start of the pump by 30 seconds after the stirrer kicks on.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back