Kalkwasser Q

kdmkdm69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to be dosing kalkwass out of a 5 gallon bucket for my 100g system with a Kamoer X1 Pro 2. The tubing it comes with is smaller than Stiff RO tubing. im trying to come up with a diy way to keep it off the bottom of the container. Second question, going by the calculator adding up that my system is only using .1dkh a day ill be dosing about 330ml up to 24 times per day which equals 13ml a hour. Is that going to cause a huge ph spike? i was just going to send it and see what happens but havent figured out my tubing yet lol

Also deciding i was going to dose vs ATO my kalkwasser made me organize under my stand and mount some loose controllers that ive been needing to do anyways!

OP
OP
kdmkdm69

kdmkdm69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also i know a continuous duty pump would be more ideal but i already have this doser from when i dosed all for reef in a nano.

APlusAquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put one or two of these on the side of your container should work well for holding the line in place and off the bottom!

Also have you ever looked into dosing fully Saturated Kalk based off ph rather than alk levels?

OP
OP
kdmkdm69

kdmkdm69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put one or two of these on the side of your container should work well for holding the line in place and off the bottom!

Also have you ever looked into dosing fully Saturated Kalk based off ph rather than alk levels?
i have read about it and watched some videos. currently i run right a 8ph every time i test doesnt matter what time of day it is. only run a skimmer with no scrubber. i know it could be better but it could also be worse. i plan on investing in a ph controller soon but for now going old school lol. also not sure if you post a pic or a link but it didnt show?

APlusAquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have read about it and watched some videos. currently i run right a 8ph every time i test doesnt matter what time of day it is. only run a skimmer with no scrubber. i know it could be better but it could also be worse. i plan on investing in a ph controller soon but for now going old school lol. also not sure if you post a pic or a link but it didnt show?
Sorry about that. These should be available at petco or pet smart if you need them quick.
Suction cup airline holder

Good luck starting with kalk. You'll love the result as long as you do it right! I would test your alk level daily at the same exact time to see if it's raising or dropping. Once you get your ph up around 8.3 you will probably have to ramp up your kalk dosing quite a bit depending on how much coral is in your tank.

OP
OP
kdmkdm69

kdmkdm69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been testing daily to see the change. I’m not losing a ton but it’s enough that over time it’s more than I’d like to replace with water changes.
I’ve been manually adding 2 part the last week to keep it up so I’m ready to get the party started lol

Attachments

• IMG_0734.jpeg
    IMG_0734.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 47
OP
OP
kdmkdm69

kdmkdm69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i ended up gluing a piece of stiff RO tube to the lid of my bucket then zip tying my dosing tube to the end of it. but are probably 2-3 inches from the bottom of the bucket.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is how i did mine. PVC is about 2 inches from the bottom of the bucket and the rodi line is ran through it, and just extends past the pvc.

corey

Attachments

• IMG_3372.jpeg
    IMG_3372.jpeg
    170.8 KB · Views: 38

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 110gal system and recently introduced kalk to my tank. Im using the same pump you are using and dosing 2L of saturated kalk solution 24 times a day and do not see any pH spike what so ever whenever its dosing.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 64 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back