Kamikaze Zoanthid, Awkward moment..

reefsaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I went to my City fish store because on their website they had some cool designer Zoanthids and I asked an Asian gentleman who was working there "Do the Kamikaze Zoa's grow as quick as regular Zoa's" and he was like "What.?" I kinda realized instantly that he had no idea what a Kamikaze Zoanthid was. So I quickly like half turned towards the fish/coral tanks pointed and awkwardly looked back. I guess he realized I wasn't being racist and directed me to another staff member but it felt like an eternity of awkwardness.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I went to my City fish store because on their website they had some cool designer Zoanthids and I asked an Asian gentleman who was working there "Do the Kamikaze Zoa's grow as quick as regular Zoa's" and he was like "What.?" I kinda realized instantly that he had no idea what a Kamikaze Zoanthid was. So I quickly like half turned towards the fish/coral tanks pointed and awkwardly looked back. I guess he realized I wasn't being racist and directed me to another staff member but it felt like an eternity of awkwardness.
Another example of coral naming bringing down the hobby lol

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back