Kamikaze Zoanthid, Awkward moment..

reefsaver

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 31, 2021
Messages
560
Reaction score
430
Location
Victoria, Melbourne
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I went to my City fish store because on their website they had some cool designer Zoanthids and I asked an Asian gentleman who was working there "Do the Kamikaze Zoa's grow as quick as regular Zoa's" and he was like "What.?" I kinda realized instantly that he had no idea what a Kamikaze Zoanthid was. So I quickly like half turned towards the fish/coral tanks pointed and awkwardly looked back. I guess he realized I wasn't being racist and directed me to another staff member but it felt like an eternity of awkwardness.
 
So I went to my City fish store because on their website they had some cool designer Zoanthids and I asked an Asian gentleman who was working there "Do the Kamikaze Zoa's grow as quick as regular Zoa's" and he was like "What.?" I kinda realized instantly that he had no idea what a Kamikaze Zoanthid was. So I quickly like half turned towards the fish/coral tanks pointed and awkwardly looked back. I guess he realized I wasn't being racist and directed me to another staff member but it felt like an eternity of awkwardness.
Another example of coral naming bringing down the hobby lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new