Kamoer F4 Pro Dosing Pump

doodledreads

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased this on Aquacave coz I guess I am a sucker for pretty equipment and will be receiving it in a couple of days. I believe this is the US version of the DD H2Ocean dosing pump which is available in Europe, which was jointly developed by DD and Kamoer. It looks the same except the branding and labels.

Does anyone use one of these and give me their opinion? If not, I will post my review once I have it running.

Last edited:

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had no idea there is a pro version but I have been using the regular F4 for about a year and a half. The actual dosing pumps are great and very accurate once calibrated. The app though sucks it's very crude and a couple of times I had issues connecting. Initially I loved the idea there were no buttons on the actual pump. I broke my last dosing pump knocking it over one too many times reaching to the back of my stand to adjust dosing. I would guess there will come a time when there no longer is app support before the dosing pump itself stops working. That being said as long as that's a few years from now I will have gotten my moneys worth.

OP
OP
doodledreads

doodledreads

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I see what you are saying about the lack of physical control. I think its where we are headed - less manual controls.

I would guess there will come a time when there no longer is app support before the dosing pump itself stops working.

Can you elaborate what you mean by this? Even if there is no app support, I would assume the app would still be able to control the doser, won't it? Besides, the pump came with a 2 year warranty and I think if it works well for two years, its more than enough for me.

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I see what you are saying about the lack of physical control. I think its where we are headed - less manual controls.

Can you elaborate what you mean by this? Even if there is no app support, I would assume the app would still be able to control the doser, won't it? Besides, the pump came with a 2 year warranty and I think if it works well for two years, its more than enough for me.

I could not connect to the doser via the app. It was still dosing but I had a heck of a time resetting it. In 5 years we are going to be 20 iOS versions away from where we are today and the app may not open ect. - I think there actually is a way to control it via pc but I never found the program. This is much better then a mobile app since it's lifespan will be considerably longer. While I rarely adjust my schedule from time to time I do. Corals grow, things get removed ect.

If I were to design a dosing pump it would have either a wireless or even wired control panel - yes this would increase the cost but it would mean you will always be able to control it. The problem with on pump controls as I already said is reaching the physical pump can be difficult if you want to place it towards the back of your stand or some other out of the way place.

OP
OP
doodledreads

doodledreads

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I just received the Kamoer F4 Pro doser last night. I have yet to set it up yet, but first impressions - dang. The package was surprisingly heavy and its because the unit was completely built with thick metal housing. The unit is thin, sleek and looks very attractive. I might have to install it next to the tank instead of hiding it inside the stand as it looks bada*s.

Items included in the package:
- 1 WiFi dosing unit with stepper motors and 4 different color heads (no manual controls)
- 4 color matching tubing
- 1 Tube holder (which is a surprise)
- 1 graduated cylinder for calibration
- 1 Power adapter with removable pins (I guess coz this unit was designed for international use)
- 4 Screws
- 2 tiny plastic rings in a ziploc bag (no idea what these are for)

Assuming the unit functions well, I think the build and packaging gets a full 5 star rating from me. Will post some pics soon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
doodledreads

doodledreads

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were to design a dosing pump it would have either a wireless or even wired control panel - yes this would increase the cost but it would mean you will always be able to control it. The problem with on pump controls as I already said is reaching the physical pump can be difficult if you want to place it towards the back of your stand or some other out of the way place.

There are two Ethernet ports on this unit :)

OP
OP
doodledreads

doodledreads

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kamoerf4pro2.jpg
kamoerf4pro.jpg

OP
OP
doodledreads

doodledreads

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to control this model from a pc or only via an app?
I think it is only supported by the app. I plan to use an old tablet/ipad for the tank solely. that way I can control the updates to the device and app. Can also use it for the apex.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the 3 of the X1 set up 2 weeks ago. I didn’t see that one you bought . Looks nice.

My X1 came nicely packed, construction felt good. And the app I have on my iPhone is easy. This is my first doser, and if I can get 3 of the X1 linked and programmed and calibrated any one can.

Let us know how your model does.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like a really nice unit. Its pretty popular on the red sea facebook page with the guys across seas. I always wondered why we couldnt get it... take some more pics when its up and running!

Chris bartlett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the f 4 pro support the kamoer dosing containers with float switch would need to have plugs in the back for them.

numsie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got mine and it will not connect to my WI-FI, I have both 5g and 2.4g wi-fi on separate log ons, this unit only connects to 2.4. I have emailed Coralvue and they tell me try things I have already tried and they keep sending me videos that I have seen but do not help. I am hoping I can get Coralvue on the phone in the morning or the unit is going back. Not very good tech support on an expensive item. This unit would have been perfect because of its small foot print, not very happy......let me know if others are having connection issues, thanks

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure about your model. I know the X1 works off Bluetooth only.

I am interested once you get squared away how you like it. I got the jugs too, but the x1 doesn’t have the plug to use the sensor.

OP
OP
doodledreads

doodledreads

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got mine and it will not connect to my WI-FI, I have both 5g and 2.4g wi-fi on separate log ons, this unit only connects to 2.4. I have emailed Coralvue and they tell me try things I have already tried and they keep sending me videos that I have seen but do not help. I am hoping I can get Coralvue on the phone in the morning or the unit is going back. Not very good tech support on an expensive item. This unit would have been perfect because of its small foot print, not very happy......let me know if others are having connection issues, thanks
Oh yeah I faced that isssue. I have the google hub and was able to find the spot outside the house where the wifi dropped to 2.4. Was able to see the doser at that point. Still would be nice if there is a more streamlined way.

OP
OP
doodledreads

doodledreads

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the f4 pro have jacksnin the back to plug in the kamoer dosing containers float switch.
I donot use the Kamoer containers. The app calculates how much volume is left over based on your initial volume and daily dosing, so I don’t see a point anyway. I don’t think there are ports for the containers cables.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back