Kamoer X1 Pro 2 - My Experience

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But what if your router doesn’t support separate SSIDs for different bands?
I haven’t seen many that don’t but there probably are some. I dont know of a work around beyond what I said. It sucks if they don’t allow that because it does break older WiFi devices. Can you disable 5ghZ completely? This would fix it too but will make WiFi performance suck.

OP
OP
BitReef

BitReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t seen many that don’t but there probably are some. I dont know of a work around beyond what I said. It sucks if they don’t allow that because it does break older WiFi devices. Can you disable 5ghZ completely? This would fix it too but will make WiFi performance suck.
Nope. This is Google Nest wifi. No way (that I have found) to change or disable the bands in any way.

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

tricky_tran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same issues i am having with my InkBird. Wonder if the same fix will apply? Im in IT Security too and been in IT for over 20+ years. just havent had the time to investigate.. thanks for posting this

OP
OP
BitReef

BitReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Later, when I have time, I’m going to play around with my modem’s builtin 2.4ghz wifi router. I’m wondering if my wifi password is too complex or uses a special character that is causing the issue.

OP
OP
BitReef

BitReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same issues i am having with my InkBird. Wonder if the same fix will apply? Im in IT Security too and been in IT for over 20+ years. just havent had the time to investigate.. thanks for posting this
Do you use Google wifi?

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Later, when I have time, I’m going to play around with my modem’s builtin 2.4ghz wifi router. I’m wondering if my wifi password is too complex or uses a special character that is causing the issue.

Hmm I have seen this issue too. I think it was when I was testing this WiFi camera for the reef hobby out several years ago.
I can not remember the company anymore but it was a issue. It could not handle certain characters but I am guessing LegendaryCG is right on this one.

OP
OP
BitReef

BitReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

yea sounds like it doesn’t support it.. maybe buy a cheap 802.11g access point and Create a new ssid off that.
Do you know how the “pairing” process works on these devices? How does the wifi password get transferred to the pump? It seems to me like my phone has to make a direct connection to the pump at some point. Is the pump running an access point or http server? I think that’s how my wifi enabled garage door opener works.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BitReef

BitReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Status Update: I was finally able to connect to the pump. I unplugged my Google mesh wifi. I started up the wifi acces point on my modem which only operates on 2.4ghz, gave it the same SSID and password as my mesh wifi. I had already tried this the first day without luck, but decided to try again. It still took about 7 attempts. Each time it failed, I closed the Kamoer app and restarted the pump. It finally connected. After I finally got connected, I updated the firmware. Then I turned my modem wifi off and turned my mesh wifi back on. Everything has been working correctly since. It’s been working for 2 days.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BitReef

BitReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than the ridiculous connection issues, I really like the pump. Like I said at the beginning, it fits my need perfectly. Long term reliability is still a question. As is CoralVue support. They contacted me right away when I opened my ticket with some more detailed connection instructions. Since then I have updated my ticket twice and they have not replied. Not super encouraging.

dzeleski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fwiw I have 3 of these, all 3 connected just fine with no issues. They’ve been reliable for a few weeks now. The app is sometimes a little slow but it’s fine.

As someone who works in IT I’m shocked you would even use a google networking product. Get something that you can flash and open ROM on and get full control of. You really should have multiple SSIDs for your different bands, it makes IOT devices much happier when you run into these types of devices that are limited.

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Status Update: I was finally able to connect to the pump. I unplugged my Google mesh wifi. I started up the wifi acces point on my modem which only operates on 2.4ghz, gave it the same SSID and password as my mesh wifi. I had already tried this the first day without luck, but decided to try again. It still took about 7 attempts. Each time it failed, I closed the Kamoer app and restarted the pump. It finally connected. After I finally got connected, I updated the firmware. Then I turned my modem wifi off and turned my mesh wifi back on. Everything has been working correctly since. It’s been working for 2 days.
For what It’s worth I’d use a different SSID. Call it SSID-2g or similar. Probably have less issues down the road. Glad you got it working been thinking About those pumps for my smaller systems.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hoping that I don’t have issues, but I’ll be referring to this thread if I do. :)

Mikosreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going through this as i type. Such a pain to pair.

I turned off my 5G and trying to connect to 2.4g but with limited luck.

Its an issue with our phones refusing to connect to the 2.4g connection.

I am in the networking world. What they should have done is kept a micro usb console port to enable the initial pairing.

Mikosreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres what solved the problem

I renamed both my 2.4g and 5g connections

Deleted all my network connections on my phone

Logged into the 2.4 connection

Disabled security (security = none)

Uninstalled the kamoer Remote app

Restarted my router

Restarted my phone

Downloaded and re-installed the kamoer app

Connected to the non-secure wifi

Turned on the x1 pro 2

Held reset button on x1 pro2 for 5 seconds... light should take about 3 seconds after you take your hand off to start blinking blue rapidly

Launch the app go through registration again

Click on + to add x1 pro 2

It added very quickly

Hopefully that helps someone

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back