Kamoer X1 Pro 2 - My Experience

Florida Dan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Synology router. I couldn't get connected after dozens of attempts using my 2.4 GHz, even though it was named differently than my 5 GHz. I tried numerous things like a different device instead of my phone, disabling my 5 GHz network.

This worked in the end. I created a guest 2.4 network with a very simple password. That allowed me to connect immediately.

Mikosreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Synology router. I couldn't get connected after dozens of attempts using my 2.4 GHz, even though it was named differently than my 5 GHz. I tried numerous things like a different device instead of my phone, disabling my 5 GHz network.

This worked in the end. I created a guest 2.4 network with a very simple password. That allowed me to connect immediately.
Yeah

Hopefully the X1 Pro2 doesnt become a brick in a couple years due to WiFi capabilities being outdated.

SoggyNW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had any trouble with the pump not entering network configuration mode? Me instructions say the blue light should flash quickly and I can't get it to do that. I've tried holding the button down all the different ways I can think and all I get is the slow blink of disconnected from cloud.

jhuntstl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My kamoer app always shows the SSID as "unknown ssid". It still allows me to enter a PW, but I believe this is my main hurdle to overcome. I get stuck at 60% every time. Anyone have this issue?

I've tried two routers now running dedicated 2.4ghz, with everything else disabled. Starting to think maybe it's an issue with my Pixel 4.

DVenhuizen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My kamoer app always shows the SSID as "unknown ssid". It still allows me to enter a PW, but I believe this is my main hurdle to overcome. I get stuck at 60% every time. Anyone have this issue?

I've tried two routers now running dedicated 2.4ghz, with everything else disabled. Starting to think maybe it's an issue with my Pixel 4.
I'm in the exact same situation here as well. Just received this pump and won't connect to Wi-Fi. Stalls at 20% when the blue light is flashing slowly and stalls at 60% when the blue light is flashing fast. My home network also states "Unknown SSID" for whatever reason.

I even called my Internet Provider and had them shut off my 5GHz on my Mesh Wi-Fi setup. Still no luck. I am trying to connect via a Note 8 Android Phone but might try my wife's iPhone 11 next.

jhuntstl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the exact same situation here as well. Just received this pump and won't connect to Wi-Fi. Stalls at 20% when the blue light is flashing slowly and stalls at 60% when the blue light is flashing fast. My home network also states "Unknown SSID" for whatever reason.

I even called my Internet Provider and had them shut off my 5GHz on my Mesh Wi-Fi setup. Still no luck. I am trying to connect via a Note 8 Android Phone but might try my wife's iPhone 11 next.
Been at it some more since I got home. No luck yet. Wish I had another device to test against. Keep me updated if the iphone works.

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been at it some more since I got home. No luck yet. Wish I had another device to test against. Keep me updated if the iphone works.
Wow...I just posted the same issue I am having with the F4 Pro...I have being at it now for two days, stalls-out at 60%

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been through this with 3 units now. You can have everything set right and it still will not connect without multiple attempts. I'd still buy another unit if I needed one though.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My own troubles along with one or two others are within this thread.

Oh hey, looks like Coralvue deleted the thread where several users, including myself, were reporting this very issue. Strange.

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been through this with 3 units now. You can have everything set right and it still will not connect without multiple attempts. I'd still buy another unit if I needed one though.
Yeah I was thinking the same, but I do not think I would go with this brand if this is a continued issue...still waiting on Coralvue for a response @CoralvueDon

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, it's a well known issue from the initial release. They know about it. I wish they hadn't deleted that thread...

jhuntstl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Were you seeing the "<unknown ssid>" message as well? If so, did you manage to connect with it being unknown?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was getting stuck at 60% repeatedly. I cant recall about the SSID message.

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get an occasional green light that flashes; once in a while...but 95% of the time, its the RED flashing light is what i get.

GoldenBasketReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IME the initial software installation has to be connected to a 2.4ghz network.
So I created a wifi tethering on my cell phone which is always 2.4ghz, create same name and password as the main network. Turn off the main network and start the installation with mobile wifi.
After completed. Turn off the mobile wifi tethering, turn back on main network and kamoer unit will jump connect to your main network regardless of 2.4 or 5ghz.
FYI, Google Nest new software is able to set up 2.4ghz network

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha.

I'll just keep banging my head against it for now. That is apparently the only proven method of success with this product.
Ok Mystery SOLVED for me....You have to give the APP Location permissions on your phone (for me Android Samsung S21 Ultra). By default, they do not have permission to your current location. Once the APP has permission (which is weird by itself), then once you select the 2.4ghz band, you should be able to select your home wifi (nstead of a blank space) and input the wifi password and go from there. It worked.

jhuntstl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok Mystery SOLVED for me....You have to give the APP Location permissions on your phone (for me Android Samsung S21 Ultra). By default, they do not have permission to your current location. Once the APP has permission (which is weird by itself), then once you select the 2.4ghz band, you should be able to select your home wifi (nstead of a blank space) and input the wifi password and go from there. It worked.
THIS WORKED!!! Thank you so much!

<ssid unknown> error was solved after allowing location in app permissions. I stalled at 60% once, but then remembered I had modified some settings of my 2.4ghz signal. I reverted them back to default 2.4 wifi.

Not sure if it actually had any effect or it will help anyone, but I'll attach screenshot of my router settings.

Won't have time to get this thing setup to dose until later today. Hopefully that's not nearly as much of a challenge.

Attachments

• kamoer.png
    kamoer.png
    112.1 KB · Views: 72

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THIS WORKED!!! Thank you so much!

<ssid unknown> error was solved after allowing location in app permissions. I stalled at 60% once, but then remembered I had modified some settings of my 2.4ghz signal. I reverted them back to default 2.4 wifi.

Not sure if it actually had any effect or it will help anyone, but I'll attach screenshot of my router settings.

Won't have time to get this thing setup to dose until later today. Hopefully that's not nearly as much of a challenge.
I was excited AF....yet..lil leary about the location accepting, but hey atleast the doser to work...lol

Last edited:

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For everyone waiting for a response from Coralvue on this forum you wont get one. Coralvue is no longer a site sponsor. This is also why many of the threads were deleted. They weren't deleted by Coralvue. If you ever need support from Coralvue, just head over to their web page and scroll to the bottom. Clink on support and fill out a ticket. They are very responsive. :)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 50.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 40 52.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • None.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.2%
Back