Kamoer X1 Pro 2 - My Experience

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For everyone waiting for a response from Coralvue on this forum you wont get one. Coralvue is no longer a site sponsor. This is also why many of the threads were deleted. They weren't deleted by Coralvue. If you ever need support from Coralvue, just head over to their web page and scroll to the bottom. Clink on support and fill out a ticket. They are very responsive. :)
Awesome...thx for the heads-up

john90009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone here just happen to have the new Verizon fios router and get it to work and can pm me??

Jakepen

Few beers and I'll frag anything...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checked my cabinet to find my pumps blinking blue, looked on the app and it says offline. Any advise?

jhuntstl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checked my cabinet to find my pumps blinking blue, looked on the app and it says offline. Any advise?
Did you make any changes to your wifi? Disconnect your router at any point? Should be easy enough to reconnect in the app. You may have to start from the beginning, though.

OP
OP
BitReef

BitReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine blinks sometimes but always eventually reconnects on its own. I don’t believe it affects the dosing schedule.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Save yourself a lot of grief and just buy one of these. You don't need Wifi for a dosing pump..............seems ridiculous to me on many levels.

Simple one touch controls

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m on the fence with this dosing pump. How do you feel about it thus far?
I like it...I still have it as a backup...although I run the APEX DoS primarily...I still use it occasionally. Works great, once you get past the wifi setup and giving access to your internet service...

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it...I still have it as a backup...although I run the APEX DoS primarily...I still use it occasionally. Works great, once you get past the wifi setup and giving access to your internet service...
This is right up my alley since at the time I’m needing just 2 mil of all for reef per day (I run a nano tank) and this pump doses tiny amounts over the course of the day. It’s the connectivity issues that are keeping me on the fence. I like the simplicity once connected.

OP
OP
BitReef

BitReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m on the fence with this dosing pump. How do you feel about it thus far?
I really like it too. It’s small. Simple. Seems to be plenty accurate. The only issue is the wifi setup. Once you’re past that it’s a great solution for dosing all-for-reef in a nano tank.

OP
OP
BitReef

BitReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is right up my alley since at the time I’m needing just 2 mil of all for reef per day (I run a nano tank) and this pump doses tiny amounts over the course of the day. It’s the connectivity issues that are keeping me on the fence. I like the simplicity once connected.
I currently dose 8.5ml a day of all-for-reef (0.7 ml every 2 hours)

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually just purchased their new wifi doser, still have the Kamoer F4, but since I have a AIO Nano in my room, I do not want to hear the doser going off when I am trying to sleep.....So I am setting up an additional one to help with a Kalk this week...more to follow once i complete the set-up next to my Apex DoS :cool:

Borat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jagshemash!

Here's the pump that can dose up to 6L/hour continous use! There is no wifi - but there is a magic button that allows you to choose the amount to dose!

dzeleski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running mine for 10 months or so. I have 3 pumps dosing every day, none have given me any issues. I probably re calibrated each pump twice but they have largely remained accurate. The app sometimes acts oddly but its only been a handful of times.

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jagshemash!

Here's the pump that can dose up to 6L/hour continous use! There is no wifi - but there is a magic button that allows you to choose the amount to dose!

This is really neat, I followed your thread but I don’t have the time nor skill set to complete this. It’s just easier and less time consuming to purchase an already built unit. Great job BTW!!!

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guns loaded, trigger is cocked but still can’t pull that trigger. I’m sure once I have it, the anxiety I have will seem unfounded. I just have to justify the purchase lol.

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pulled the trigger yall!!! My LFS stocked them so I decided to pick one up. Ran into a bit of the config issues when I had my phone connected to 2.4Ghz initially. did manual connect to the doser wifi channel and in a flash it connected to my phone and then to my modem once I hopped back onto my network (mine has both 2.4 and 5Ghz options). Went the quick add route and is dosing 12 times a day at .1 ml each time. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the push guys, I don’t think I’ll regret it.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone is reading this wondering if this pump really is a pain, or wondering if it's such a pain that it's not worth it, I will add that I would have paid double for a pump that reliably connects to a modern network. This 2.4ghz network limitation is a joke. What is it, 2006? Are we going call customer support on our land line? Or write a physical letter?

This pump is a frustrating point of sale. If I could go back in time, I would stop myself from buying this pump, rather than going back in time via my network hardware.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If anyone is reading this wondering if this pump really is a pain, or wondering if it's such a pain that it's not worth it, I will add that I would have paid double for a pump that reliably connects to a modern network. This 2.4ghz network limitation is a joke. What is it, 2006? Are we going call customer support on our land line? Or write a physical letter?

This pump is a frustrating point of sale. If I could go back in time, I would stop myself from buying this pump, rather than going back in time via my network hardware.

Why is 5 needed? The difference does not have a ton to do with new or old when it comes to frequency. It distance vs bandwidth.

Why would you want this to be shorter distance because 5 GHZ is shorter distance but more bandwidth and why would this item need more bandwidth? It does not require a ton of bandwidth.

Most people that have issues with wireless technology is because of two things I have seen with allot of products: Either they have a garbage wifi most likely from their internet provider or they use mesh. I am not sure what the issue is with mesh but google mesh and orbi seem to have the problems with compatibility.

Really has little to do with the devices you are trying to tie into your wireless in most cases.

Last edited:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back