Kamoer X1 Pro T

robocop1906

Erick McLemore
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Support confirmed back that you can't add devices bought in the US to the same account set up as China.

Mrmiles

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took a while to get mine to connect but it's up and running now. Thanks for the tips on this thread

Servopkg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow... I was looking at these and it sounds difficult to setup. Good luck with your pumps. I waited until the versa was in stock at LFS. (early may).. ECM is ramping up production of them.

OP
OP
S

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine arrived today. That's about 5 weeks total since I placed the order, but I suspect that's on the higher side due to some delays.

I however had no problem setting up. Was up and running in maybe 20-30 mins. Plug is US plug so they anticipated it to be used in the US. There was a manual in the box with a QR code. I zapped it with my iphone and downloaded and installed the Kamoer Remote app. Simple to create an account. Had no problems connecting it to my home network (Asus Mesh) and was updating firmware shortly after. Firmware did seem to almost freeze at 99%, but I left it alone and eventually all was well. Prob 5-10mins for firmware upgrade. App and all interactions so far have been in English and I never had to change any language settings.

Probably one of the easier devices I had to set up lately. Did I just get lucky?

OP
OP
S

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been running flawlessly since Monday and my CaRX pH seems to stay solid. Time will tell, but very promising.

Question for you guys that have one. Mine came with what I consider a cap or adapter over the X1 Pro T tube connectors. It wasn't obvious to me they were on there until it fell out when I was wrestling with trying to get my tubing into the connectors. Struggled with this for awhile thinking maybe it was my tube size. Tried softening with hot water, but eventually they fell out. Does anyone know what those are and if they're important and should be saved?

Also.. any concerns with the pump clogging with junk in the CaRX water where a prefilter may be necessary?

Great pump so far!

NR53

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Question for you guys that have one. Mine came with what I consider a cap or adapter over the X1 Pro T tube connectors. It wasn't obvious to me they were on there until it fell out when I was wrestling with trying to get my tubing into the connectors. Struggled with this for awhile thinking maybe it was my tube size. Tried softening with hot water, but eventually they fell out. Does anyone know what those are and if they're important and should be saved?
The plastic piece inside the nut that looks like a ring with four prongs? That's a compression ring that needs to go on the tubing before you tighten down the nuts.

OP
OP
S

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The plastic piece inside the nut that looks like a ring with four prongs? That's a compression ring that needs to go on the tubing before you tighten down the nuts.

thank you. Glad I saved and asked. So far not leaking, but definitely will take the opportunity and out it in correctly with those compression rings.

anyone else notice the tube life countdown timer of 1000 hrs? That’s 41 days and we have to replace if it’s running continuously ? I know things wear and tear but seems too low.

OP
OP
S

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone started looking into replacement parts proactively yet? I’m running 60ml/min and likely burning through tube life fast. Saw the AliExpress page, but not sure where to start in tubing and even replacement heads.

robocop1906

Erick McLemore
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what I got from support:

"You can source it in local USA, the size of pharmed bpt tube for X1 PRO-T is ID*OD 3*5 mm.

Unit price for tubing: $10.00 usd/meter
If shipping from my side, dhl cost: $35.00 usd, TOTAL: $45.00 usd. (for your reference.) "

OP
OP
S

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @robocop1906

Is it similar to buying bulk tubing that you'll have to measure, cut and reuse the nozzles? I see the FX-STP sold as an assembly unit similar to the link below. I'm sure DIY is not difficult and I would imagine you need to get the length within 1-2mm in order to have enough contact for the pump to rotate and squeeze appropriately to move fluid. Very doable I'm sure if it's that simple. I also noticed that the FX-STP advertises a 2000 hour life, suggesting there may be different quality thus life in the tubes. I rather spend a few more bucks and get 2x the life given the labor to replace periodically. Do you know if there are high grades of tubing to buy?

So far the pump has worked flawlessly since install granted I've already clocked in 200+ hrs running it at 60ml/min. I did notice the app changed my location to China, but that hasn't affected anything that I can tell.

robocop1906

Erick McLemore
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @robocop1906

Is it similar to buying bulk tubing that you'll have to measure, cut and reuse the nozzles? I see the FX-STP sold as an assembly unit similar to the link below. I'm sure DIY is not difficult and I would imagine you need to get the length within 1-2mm in order to have enough contact for the pump to rotate and squeeze appropriately to move fluid. Very doable I'm sure if it's that simple. I also noticed that the FX-STP advertises a 2000 hour life, suggesting there may be different quality thus life in the tubes. I rather spend a few more bucks and get 2x the life given the labor to replace periodically. Do you know if there are high grades of tubing to buy?

So far the pump has worked flawlessly since install granted I've already clocked in 200+ hrs running it at 60ml/min. I did notice the app changed my location to China, but that hasn't affected anything that I can tell.

This will be my first experience but seems to be pretty straightforward. From what I can tell it's the nozzles, hose, zip ties, and recalibration.

OP
OP
S

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be my first experience but seems to be pretty straightforward. From what I can tell it's the nozzles, hose, zip ties, and recalibration.
I’m game and willing to give it a whirl. Will look into buying some tubing. Prob buy another replacement head while I’m at it too since likely all this stuff is coming from China. Any idea what part number for the head?

robocop1906

Erick McLemore
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would imagine once they start selling the pumps in the US they will come available. Between now and then your safest bet is to email support on how to get a replacement pump. Their site is not the best.

OP
OP
S

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would imagine once they start selling the pumps in the US they will come available. Between now and then your safest bet is to email support on how to get a replacement pump. Their site is not the best.

Thanks. I've ordered tubing given the estimated known life expectancy. Does anyone know how frequent pump heads should be replaced?

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any plans to sell this pump in the US? Would be a great alternative to the continuously out of stock Versas.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a link to the page on aquariumlowcost? I cannot find any of the kamoer products on their site.

OP
OP
S

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a link to the page on aquariumlowcost? I cannot find any of the kamoer products on their site.
I just checked for you and don't see it listed at the moment. I actually don't see any Kamoer products at the moment, but the site seems to carry more products now than before. I won't how much these products are impacted by the chip shortage. Even my freezer is on backorder before of the shortage.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just checked for you and don't see it listed at the moment. I actually don't see any Kamoer products at the moment, but the site seems to carry more products now than before. I won't how much these products are impacted by the chip shortage. Even my freezer is on backorder before of the shortage.
I got a response from the company. They said its out of stock for right now, and they pull all advertisements for products out of stock. Never heard of a store doing that before. I think I'll order a couple when back in stock though. They said about 10 days, and when they are on the website it's back in stock

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a response from the company. They said its out of stock for right now, and they pull all advertisements for products out of stock. Never heard of a store doing that before. I think I'll order a couple when back in stock though. They said about 10 days, and when they are on the website it's back in stock
I'm in the same boat as you. Between this and the versa I'm not sure I'll ever get a cheaper continuous duty pump.

Makes me wonder how easy it will be to get replacement parts for the x1 pro t..

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 145 60.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 84 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 42 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 64 26.9%
Back