OP
S

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My network is configured the same way. I live in a town home and the WiFi is CONGESTED! There is someone in the neighborhood blasting out WiFi and is causing issues. I'm going to have to keep an eye out and see who is walking around with a second head. Once it connected, it's been fine. It kept telling me my phone was connected to 5ghz even though my phone specifically said it was 2.4. I have a feeling the people that are really complaining are people that are a bit less tech savvy. However, at a price point this high; it needs to be way better. I've been in IT for 12 years and it still took some fiddling from me. I went so far as to set up a guest network under 2.4 only with an SSID of dosers and hid the network just incase I couldn't get connected on my standard SSID.

The calibration is where the real issue is with me. I go into the calibration screen. I leave it at 350rpm and make sure it's primed. I set it to dispense for 10s and then enter the volume dispensed. The first issue is that hitting the calibration complete button doesn't always work. I can select other items on the screen but this button doesn't seem to notice my finger press. It's probably a 50% chance of it working. Once I'm done calibrating, I go back and do a manual add and choose 10mL. I almost never get 10mL and always more. I've uninstalled the app twice and also reset the pump back to factory. I'm finally at about 11mL when dispensing 10mL it's dosing Kalk on a plan and seems to be working good enough. If I were dosing nitrates, phosphates, or anything else that would need to be a bit more precise. I'd have a real problem with it.

Edit: I'm on a Google Pixel running the latest Android.

I opened my app to double check your process and it appears correct.

My rotation speed shows about half of yours at 147.3, but that may be a result of my own calibration. However your steps are the same, but mine dose accurately. Have you taken a look at the head to make sure you don't have a problem there that may cause some inconsistency in the head rotation like kinks, pinches, etc. I took the head off once to clean out some salt creep in the head tubing after dropping the dang thing in water. =( Noticed that it threw off my calibration when I reattached and tested 10ml. However 1ml off maybe something you're accepting and will take a look at the next time you replace the tubes.

I'm 1500 hours in which is 50% more than the recommended change time. Still solid, but due for replacement. I am out of CaRX. Will change the tubes when I replace media.

ctopherl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow 32ft head pressure! Think this pump would work for a remote ATO to pull up through ceiling/attic and down to tank? Needs to go up about 15ft, over maybe 30 feet horizontal and then back down the 15 feet.

OP
OP
S

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's been on my todo list for awhile! Thank you. Question thought. You said friction fit which makes sense, but do the pegs go far enough in to hold it securely? I mentally had a similar design with a small lip underneath to provide additional security since mine sits over the sump.

Link below for those interested in @reefinnewb 's work:

reefinnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's been on my todo list for awhile! Thank you. Question thought. You said friction fit which makes sense, but do the pegs go far enough in to hold it securely? I mentally had a similar design with a small lip underneath to provide additional security since mine sits over the sump.

Link below for those interested in @reefinnewb 's work:

In my case I'll probably either break the print or use something between them to separate it. Depends on printers. The peg is set for 5.9mm in the .stl. my printer printed it at 5.92mm so it's pretty tuned in. In short. It's not going anywhere. Lol

LittleMaui

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to add one of these following the recommendation of a reefer. Too early to say how it will do. Do these have a break-in period where they get quieter? I don't know what to expect. I'm running mine at 28 ml/min and can slightly hear it in the aquarium cabinet. I found placing some filter floss padding under it helped.

Some install comments:

* setting up wifi wasn't bad. If you have other similar products expect the same issues.

* I bought some 1/4 barb to 1/4 inch rodi push adapters to connect tubing to existing RODI lines. Didn't think it was possible to connect the kamoer tuning at first. With the help of soaking hot water and a pencil, I was able to expand the tubing to connect to adapters.

* I didn't think it would be difficult to connect the kamoer tubing to the pump, but it took some work. Guess that's a good thing.

* Any rotation faster than 30-40 ml/min will probably be too loud for my living room.

* I wish it was possible to have the app open and open manual separately.

Kamoer Stepper Pump

Last edited:

robocop1906

Erick McLemore
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning, anyone have an issue with siphoning? I noticed that the pump that I have below the water source + the water destination below the pump, the water continues to drip after the pump shuts off.
ProT.PNG

OP
OP
S

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning, anyone have an issue with siphoning? I noticed that the pump that I have below the water source + the water destination below the pump, the water continues to drip after the pump shuts off.
ProT.PNG
I typically never submerge the output tubing for this siphoning risk. One too many ATO problems in the past. :). Do you have an option to hang the output above the water line?

robocop1906

Erick McLemore
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah great point, I do have an option to run the line up to my tank vs down to the sump. Thanks.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run mine on continuous, so no issue with it dripping, but when I pause it for maintenance it doesn't drip either. Never have had a connection issue once o was able to get it to finally connect either.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back