Kamoer X1 pump head keeps getting clogged

tranceFusion

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am dosing Foundation B Alkalinity through a Kamoer X1 and it keeps getting clogged. The solution is precipitating around the spinning rod that the nozzle fits over. I will take the pump head off and clean it, and it will work for a day or two, and then it happens again. Any way to resolve this?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I am dosing Foundation B Alkalinity through a Kamoer X1 and it keeps getting clogged. The solution is precipitating around the spinning rod that the nozzle fits over. I will take the pump head off and clean it, and it will work for a day or two, and then it happens again. Any way to resolve this?
Likely the tube which shrinks in time

Alex Cataldo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Likely what is happening is there is not enough flow through the line and it has too much contact time with the tube

OP
OP
T

tranceFusion

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Likely what is happening is there is not enough flow through the line and it has too much contact time with the tube
I am not sure I understand exactly - Like I am not dosing enough for this pump to operate properly? Currently I am adding 2ml 7x per day.

I should have mentioned - It was working fine for around 6 months, until this issue started.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The tube isn't getting clogged really, it's the metal post behind the pump head that's getting precipitated solids around it stopping it from spinning.
In that case spray with electrical cleaner or Coca Cola. Should loosen it up

OP
OP
T

tranceFusion

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think maybe some of you were indicating this, but I didn't realize the tubing inside the pump head was one continuous piece. When I pumped water in one side, some of it was running out the hole where the spinning post goes, so the tubing inside the head was bad.

I replaced the pump head (not until later realizing you could also buy just replacement tubing for the head) and all is good. Thanks!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back