Kamoer X1 Scheduled Dosing Problems

uli-the-nihlist

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is being discussed in another thread, but figured I would also share this to the CoralVue Sponsor page.

My Kamoer dosing pump must have stopped dosing sometime on Friday, because when I observed the tank and noticed my corals were unhappy on Sunday, my alkalinity had PLUMMETED from 8.8 to 5.5. I dose Tropic Marin All for Reef on my Kamoer X1 and based on this drop, the pump obviously hadn't dosed all weekend. The pump works when I send a manual dose through the app, but it does not follow the schedule that is set.

More than a few other R2R members commented on the above thread stating they had a similar experience. While there seems to be a work around (changing from Daily dosing to Weekly dosing and selecting M-Su), this problem is still alarming especially because I depend on the pump to maintain stability in my system.

Michael@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would encourage anyone that's having issues to contact CoralVue support. I know folks aren't around during the weekend so week days are best. Also the best way to get in contact are always either submitting a ticket WWW.coralvue.com/support . or you can email directly [email protected]

Just out of curiosity are all of you using Android devices?

OP
OP
uli-the-nihlist

uli-the-nihlist

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would encourage anyone that's having issues to contact CoralVue support. I know folks aren't around during the weekend so week days are best. Also the best way to get in contact are always either submitting a ticket WWW.coralvue.com/support . or you can email directly [email protected]

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I am using Android

Rjmul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm using IOS. App is called "x1 pump"

josh...

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is being discussed in another thread, but figured I would also share this to the CoralVue Sponsor page.

My Kamoer dosing pump must have stopped dosing sometime on Friday, because when I observed the tank and noticed my corals were unhappy on Sunday, my alkalinity had PLUMMETED from 8.8 to 5.5. I dose Tropic Marin All for Reef on my Kamoer X1 and based on this drop, the pump obviously hadn't dosed all weekend. The pump works when I send a manual dose through the app, but it does not follow the schedule that is set.

More than a few other R2R members commented on the above thread stating they had a similar experience. While there seems to be a work around (changing from Daily dosing to Weekly dosing and selecting M-Su), this problem is still alarming especially because I depend on the pump to maintain stability in my system.

I just had this happen to me. What was your solution in the end? In not sure I will be able to trust the company or product anymore. Lost a couple corals on my alk drop due to the dosing pumps not running a schedule.
Thanks

StlSalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had this happen to me. What was your solution in the end? In not sure I will be able to trust the company or product anymore. Lost a couple corals on my alk drop due to the dosing pumps not running a schedule.
Thanks
Change from a daily to a weekly schedule. You can click on "Cycle Time" to change it. Just make sure all 7 days of the week were checked. I'm not sure what the problem was, if it was the app, not sure if it's been corrected, but this fix seemed to work for everybody.

Rjmul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks
Set it to dose weekly then select all 7 days. For what it's worth coralvue is sending me new pumps

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the Info! :) If your still having issues please do report it via the options i listed above. I will be sending this info up the Chain also.
Curious what app we should be using? I am not having any issues and I'm on ios with app KamoerRemote. Which is the correct one for the X1 pro pumps? The directions listed the app I'm using.

Michael@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious what app we should be using? I am not having any issues and I'm on ios with app KamoerRemote. Which is the correct one for the X1 pro pumps? The directions listed the app I'm using.
CD3BBCBC-B82B-490F-B0B8-2DE740F39AE8.jpeg

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently having the same issue alk dropped from 8.5 to 5.6 will try the tips listed above

tat2z_21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is so frustrating.... my pump will not run schedule, but doses manually just fine. I have submitted a ticket but need to get this thing running. Any help would be appreciated

OP
OP
uli-the-nihlist

uli-the-nihlist

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is so frustrating.... my pump will not run schedule, but doses manually just fine. I have submitted a ticket but need to get this thing running. Any help would be appreciated

If you're running a quick plan, try setting the dosing schedule to "Weekly," instead of "By Days."

When you choose Weekly, just individually select Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun, then load your Quick Plan the usual way. This corrected my issues.

Edit: Even if you aren't using Quick Plan and want to set up your own plan, this configuration should still work.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back