Kamoer x2sr can’t calibrate it.

bernardo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I have owned this Kamoer x2sr for a few weeks but I can’t calibrate it properly, I calibrate it but every time I test the pump’s accuracy it never doses the amount I want, I have the pump next to my reef tank, waste water goes down to my basement directly to the drain and my fresh salt water is also under the aquarium in my basement. I understand that I am fighting gravity so my questions is how do fix this problem? Would it help to move the pump down to basement? I have no way of having the container in the main floor or even the drain hose I need to send it down and up. I thank everyone in advance.

5F3A5C68-61F8-4E0A-8D48-B3984FE215C2.jpeg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be a question for tech support. There are a few dosing pumps that work for your situation one is the DOS. You are dealing with head pressure.

OP
OP
B

bernardo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be a question for tech support. There are a few dosing pumps that work for your situation one is the DOS. You are dealing with head pressure.
Well I hope someone can help me find a solution for this pump, the pump is extremely strong, it can push water up to 9 meters but what good is that if you can’t calibrate it due to syphoning.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I hope someone can help me find a solution for this pump, the pump is extremely strong, it can push water up to 9 meters but what good is that if you can’t calibrate it due to syphoning.
I wonder if you can find a check valve to stop the syphoning?

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could order something like this link The insert a small piece of 1/4 water line, then use the surgical tube and stretch the tubing of the 1/4 line and clamp it.

OP
OP
B

bernardo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could order something like this link The insert a small piece of 1/4 water line, then use the surgical tube and stretch the tubing of the 1/4 line and clamp it.
Couldn’t I just change all the tubing to 1/4? Ofc with the check valve also, does it matter where I place the check valve? Fresh line and waste line.
Would it help to place the pump in the basement or should I leave it next to my tank?

Last edited:

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn’t I just change all the tubing to 1/4? Ofc with the check valve also, does it matter where I place the check valve? Fresh line and waste line.
You can use the 1/4 water line, one would have to make sure the connections are water tight by heating up the 1/4 line and inserting these link into the lines with the check valve.

Would it help to place the pump in the basement or should I leave it next to my tank?
It is less stress on the pump, to push a liquid the to suck the water up. One just has to be sure that the check valves are working.

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
After you calibrate, you then need to do an exchange correction if they are delivering the same amount of liquid. Unless you did that.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 49 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back