Kamoer x2sr feed lines

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any of you changed the feed line on your Kamoer x2sr pump from the 3/8 to 1/4 R/O tubing? If so how did it affect your pumping rate, and what adjustments did you do for it?

CincyReefer07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m wanting to do a similar thing with mine because that tubing it comes with isn’t long enough to reach between my mixing station and my sump so I’ll have to buy longer tubing for it from somewhere. Whether I stick with the same tubing just longer or switch to ro style tubing

OP
OP
Bj’s Reef

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really don’t want to drill two 3/8 holes thru my hard wood floor. My wife might ring my neck. However I already have a smaller hole drilled for my auto top off line. That I’m hoping to use, if I can make the 1/4 R/O tubing work.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any of you changed the feed line on your Kamoer x2sr pump from the 3/8 to 1/4 R/O tubing? If so how did it affect your pumping rate, and what adjustments did you do for it?
It works fine, just need to recalibrate the flow for both pumps

edit: The procedure is in the manual. Also consider a narrower pipe may not be able to transfer the same volume in the same time, but I didn't find a problem in my setup but only changing two gallons a day.

louisp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a threaded 1/4" elbow and ground down the threads, slipped the stock tubing over that with a hose clamp. seems to be holding great. I had some leaks until I ground the threading it down.

Attachments

• IMG_1633 (1).jpeg
    IMG_1633 (1).jpeg
    34.2 KB · Views: 58

CincyReefer07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what transfer speed are folks getting.
I’ve spent 2 weekends trying to get mine dialed in to where it drains and fills the exact amount perfectly and still have yet to get it just right. I finally had to take a break from it because it was mentally wearing me out constantly having to make adjustments to try to get it right. Gets extremely close to perfect as far as doing a 4 gallon water change that I want it to do, but not “perfect”.

It always fills just slightly past the 4 gallon mark, or I’ll adjust it and it will drain slightly more than 4 gallons. One way I’m wasting more mixed up saltwater, another way I run the risk of draining slightly more than I fill and run the risk of salinity dropping due to draining slightly more than I should over a period of time and ATO kicking on more frequently.

louisp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve spent 2 weekends trying to get mine dialed in to where it drains and fills the exact amount perfectly and still have yet to get it just right. I finally had to take a break from it because it was mentally wearing me out constantly having to make adjustments to try to get it right. Gets extremely close to perfect as far as doing a 4 gallon water change that I want it to do, but not “perfect”.

It always fills just slightly past the 4 gallon mark, or I’ll adjust it and it will drain slightly more than 4 gallons. One way I’m wasting more mixed up saltwater, another way I run the risk of draining slightly more than I fill and run the risk of salinity dropping due to draining slightly more than I should over a period of time and ATO kicking on more frequently.

cant you fill me in on how you calibrate yours. I was getting very frustrated when testing the calibration using smaller amounts because it was always about 50% off. However, when I did a full gallon it was pretty, close. May the margin of error is bigger than I thought.

Also, does you output hose shake like crazy?

louisp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody had any luck with the Anti-Overflow sensor? My triggered once then I never hear from it again. I would thing during a manual exchange, if I lifted it up it would stop the pump. Does it only work for scheduled exchanges.

louisp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to the use the built-in ATO feature on the unit. However, my pump is downstairs by the mixing station. Will the little 24v pump they give push about about 10 feet? Is there another compatible pump that might?

louisp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone replaced the stock float switches with something a little shorter. I have an all-in-one nano tank, it's pretty tight in the sump area and by the time i get the ATO and anti overflow aligned, the water level is so low that I'm missing out on a lot of media.

I did notice that the switches are just dry-contact normally open float switch. I created a test one with a 3.5mm plug to see about replacing it. There phono plug hook to the left and neutral if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• IMG_1867.jpeg
    IMG_1867.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 49

CincyReefer07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cant you fill me in on how you calibrate yours. I was getting very frustrated when testing the calibration using smaller amounts because it was always about 50% off. However, when I did a full gallon it was pretty, close. May the margin of error is bigger than I thought.

Also, does you output hose shake like crazy?
I’ve been using larger measuring cups and using 5 gallon buckets and determining where each gallon is on the bucket to attempt calibrating it instead of the small measuring cylinder they give and setting it up to do 3 gallon water changes and adjusting it from there based on what it does. But I still haven’t gotten it perfect yet. Extremely close, but not perfect. And yes the output hoses will vibrate from the pump

louisp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure why i cant get it to move water upstairs. It's a 1/4" OD line that running one floor 10-12 ft and about 20ft horizontal. XS2R has no problem pushing the water, but the ATO pump is is like the little engine that couldn't... If i just run it downstairs it is working fine

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back