Kbrown’s 150

Kbrow0810

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a tall 150 I found pretty cheap. 48x24x30 foot print on a custom built stand. I drilled it at home for a Synergy Shadow Overflow box.

Recently swapped from an 8 bulb t5 fixture to two ocean revive led fixtures with great success. Two jebao wavemakers (third one died and is being replaced) keep the water moving.

The sump is a custom job from a 40 gallon breeder. It houses a bubble Mangus protein skimmer, two little fishes carbon reactor, and BRS bio pellet reactor. Much of the sump is a refugium with caulerpa, cheato, and a mangrove or two. Final chamber is filled with a quiet one return pump(looking to upgrade soon). I have a hydro auto top off running to the sump as well.

Stocking list :
2x Pajama cardinals (received from a fellow who flat didn’t want them in his tank)
Yellow tang
Kole tang
Naked smudge clownfish
Frostbite? Clownfish
Molly Miller Blenny
Flame hawkfish
Green choris wrasse
(Unfortunately, my oldest DT fish, a one spot foxface disappeared after the rescape)
I also have a yellow tail damsel that lives in my refugium currently.

Coral is sort of sparse since I’m still trying to nail down the lighting for this depth of tank.
Purple gorgonian
Toadstool leather
A few different palys
Cabbage coral

Inverts are the typical clean up crew with two massive zebra turbo snails and 3 Rbtas.

Even after 3 years, I am still upgrading and changing things. Any advice is well appreciated. There is always room to learn.

0E67CCAC-C727-4074-BFC1-93B79DE1B6F1.jpeg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back