Keeping 3 Bangaii cardinals

  • Thread starter Thread starter Grumblez
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Grumblez

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2021
Messages
422
Reaction score
466
Location
Roanoke
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 7 months ago I bought a pair of Bangaii Cardinals from liveaquaria divers den. Unfortunately one of them died 2 days into quarantine, by pushing down on the deceased ones belly I was able to note it had 1 little knob poke out meaning it was a female. I've never been able to see these little vents even after feeding them, only when I had the dead one out of the water and pushed on its stomach.


I'm setting up a reefer 250 and wondering if I buy another pair and put them in their will the 2 males fight to the death? I'm open to any other suggestions off how to get just a female.
 
2 males will generally fight to the death. It's unclear how big a tank one needs to avoid this. I have a 250 and had one of my 2 bangaii's die. The remaining one has killed off a new introduction bangaii, presumably both are/were male.
 
2 males will generally fight to the death. It's unclear how big a tank one needs to avoid this. I have a 250 and had one of my 2 bangaii's die. The remaining one has killed off a new introduction bangaii, presumably both are/were male.

I guess your best bet to keep more than a pair is to go for the clownfish harem approach, since they live in schools in nature.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new