Keeping purple tipped anemone

Willbiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All

I love the look of these anemone on ebay, both the Tangrey and Puple tipped Green anemone.. My ideal situation is to have no dead fish and my clowns hosting in one however I've heard that I should aim for atlanta anemones....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PURPLE-TIPPED-ANEMONES-MARINE-ANEMONES-LIVE-CORAL/333655445204

Do you know what type these are? Am I likely to loose fish if I introduce them to my 650l DT? If so, I will avoid

Thanks

Will

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like an LTA but not sure if it will host a clownfish. There was a guy in Scotland that I message with that had a couple that looked like that. His clowns that loved anemonies before would not get near those ones.
For the price, I’m guessing it is one that will not host. (I could be wrong)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yes long tentacle

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old thread i know but i see it and thought it was worth the mention due to the identification being wrong above.

Those are Snakelock anemones, the name says all you need to know (Anemonia viridis) and are found in waters around the UK. They are known to prey on fish so im hoping you didnt go ahead and purchase.

They should not be sold in the manner they are on eBay to us hobbyists and are not suitable for our tanks.

OP
OP
Willbiker

Willbiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old thread i know but i see it and thought it was worth the mention due to the identification being wrong above.

Those are Snakelock anemones, the name says all you need to know (Anemonia viridis) and are found in waters around the UK. They are known to prey on fish so im hoping you didnt go ahead and purchase.

They should not be sold in the manner they are on eBay to us hobbyists and are not suitable for our tanks.
Thanks for the reply. Luckily I didnt go ahead! Hopefully others will see this thread and will not buy them

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back