Keithcorals Triton results

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to post my results as I get them hopefully on a monthly basis along with any changes I make to what is being dosed.

Red Sea coral pro salt

dosing Aqua vitro fuels(10ml per day),C-Balance two part(180ml per day) brightwell Iron daily (5ml per day) Lugol's iodine (two drops 2-3 times a week)

Water volume is 180 gallons.

My first results 10-14-2014

To add a little more to the info this was taken about the same time as this test and I'll take a new pic when I take each water sample

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
OP
OP
Keithcorals

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After the first results it was recommended to do water changes to lower the molybdenum. I used Tropic Marin pro reef but wish I hadn't. I did more water changes than recommend so I have myself to blame for that. I did 20 gallons a week for around six weeks. I also stopped using the Aqua Vitro fuel because it appeared to be the source of the high molybdenum. I also stoped dosing iron and iodine. The iron has come down now but the iodine is higher for some reason. I have my refugium light running only for a few hours (4-5) every few days and my nutrient levels are still extremely low. I don't get a reading for nitrate at all(with salifert)

6 water changes Tropic Marin pro reef

Dosed Brightwell boron but it shouldn't have raised it to where it is now

C-Balance two part 200ml per day

Test results 12-9-2014

I've Heard potassium can bring up blues in coral although I'm not happy with the potassium level this acro does seem to be showing a lot more blue

A99EBD20-E84D-455A-A601-5F229C4AD62D.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Keithcorals

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not planing on doing any more water changes unless something is really off they only made things worse from my perspective so I'm going to let things level out on there own if they can. I'll send another sample in next month. Until then I'll keep doing what I'm doing now.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 117 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back