Ken's 215

kjdeut

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2009
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Location
minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current tank is my 3rd upgrade and about 8 months old. It is an Oceanic 215 with a 75 gal sump. I am running 3x250w DE MH with Lumenbright reflectors and 2x96w actinic PCs. Tank is mainly SPS and LPS with just a few well separated zoas and rics along with 6 clams. In my last tank the zoas took over everything and end up killing a number of my sps colonies whcih is why I am very careful on putting any kind of softies in this tank.
I am runing an Octo Extreme 300 skimmer, Blueline Velocity T4 return pump, and 4 tunze streams in the tank itself. Currently I am getting by with dosing 2 part solution for my cal and alk supplements. I am also dosing vodka on a daily basis to control a hair algae outbreak I had. Everything is controlled by an AC jr except the tunzes whcih our on their own multi controller.


picture.php


IMG_1279.jpg


IMG_17202.jpg


IMG_17232.jpg
 
very nice. like to see dosing does the trick :bigsmile: and yeah , those clams are massive.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new