Ken's 290 Peninsula

Illini_Fan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I did a thing....I cut a hole in my new tiles floor and ran some plumbing. First image is what it looks like from the living room . Qty 3 - 1.5" drains and 2 - 1" returns. Second picture is from below. It will all get hidden when I put the drop ceiling back together.

I also did a bit more i plumbing in the basement sump closet and for fun fooled around a bit with the Kessil Ap9x that will be over the frag tank. Its not he final location, just a temporary set up to see what it will look like!

We are close enough that I am starting to round up the troops to move the main tank into the house...maybe 2-3 weeks away....exciting!

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg
This is a great thread and I'm slowing going through all of it -- so you might have answered this in a more recent post. I thought you had run 4 lines -- 3 drains and 1 return. Then this photo showed 5. Did I miss something?

OP
OP
F

Fiziksgeek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great thread and I'm slowing going through all of it -- so you might have answered this in a more recent post. I thought you had run 4 lines -- 3 drains and 1 return. Then this photo showed 5. Did I miss something?

Thanks for the kind words.

A bit of trickery on my part. The tank has 2x1" returns, so I split the return line right below the floor, so what you see under the stand is 5 lines, 3x1.5" drains and 2x1" returns. Those returns combine into a single1.5" line, so 4x1.5" is what travels across the house through the celling below over to the sump. If you look back at the pics of the sump closet, you'll see those 4 lines coming/going through the ceiling of the sump area.

markalan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build! sorry about your mom and dad, I lost my mom four years ago on the 11th of Dec. She had Alzheimer's and she lived with me for seven years. Miss her every day.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%
Back