Ken's 290 Peninsula

Illini_Fan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I did a thing....I cut a hole in my new tiles floor and ran some plumbing. First image is what it looks like from the living room . Qty 3 - 1.5" drains and 2 - 1" returns. Second picture is from below. It will all get hidden when I put the drop ceiling back together.

I also did a bit more i plumbing in the basement sump closet and for fun fooled around a bit with the Kessil Ap9x that will be over the frag tank. Its not he final location, just a temporary set up to see what it will look like!

We are close enough that I am starting to round up the troops to move the main tank into the house...maybe 2-3 weeks away....exciting!

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg
This is a great thread and I'm slowing going through all of it -- so you might have answered this in a more recent post. I thought you had run 4 lines -- 3 drains and 1 return. Then this photo showed 5. Did I miss something?

OP
OP
F

Fiziksgeek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great thread and I'm slowing going through all of it -- so you might have answered this in a more recent post. I thought you had run 4 lines -- 3 drains and 1 return. Then this photo showed 5. Did I miss something?

Thanks for the kind words.

A bit of trickery on my part. The tank has 2x1" returns, so I split the return line right below the floor, so what you see under the stand is 5 lines, 3x1.5" drains and 2x1" returns. Those returns combine into a single1.5" line, so 4x1.5" is what travels across the house through the celling below over to the sump. If you look back at the pics of the sump closet, you'll see those 4 lines coming/going through the ceiling of the sump area.

markalan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build! sorry about your mom and dad, I lost my mom four years ago on the 11th of Dec. She had Alzheimer's and she lived with me for seven years. Miss her every day.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 138 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back