Kent Tech M old formula kills Bryopsis

lol not totally junk i guess. it does provide magneiusm although i paid a much higher price for that bottle than i would for a bag of Mag from BRS.
 
I want to update this thread. I've been dosing mag using only the Brightwell's Hydrat-Mg. Believe it or not, bryopsis is slowly dying. The dying bryopsis is causing cyano to grow on and around it due to nutrients being released.
 
I want to update this thread. I've been dosing mag using only the Brightwell's Hydrat-Mg. Believe it or not, bryopsis is slowly dying. The dying bryopsis is causing cyano to grow on and around it due to nutrients being released.
What level ppm are you seeing results? 1500 and 1600 have not worked at all for me with the hydrat or continuum versions. I actually decided to try a baby rabbitfish yesterday and he already started clearing some of it
 
I use Salifert for Mag testing. My Mag is at 1350-1375 which is normal range for me. Instead of using BRS mag supplement I used Brightwell's . I did not dose extra to elevate my levels. Been using this for 3-4 weeks
 
Here's a pic of what's happening.

1672513148144.png
 
Hi, know this is an older thread but wonder if there’ any further update that the bright well hydra-mat mg kills bryopsis?
Most people in this thread say it doesn't. I have a bottle and looked for something in it that might be algaecide-like and there's nothing.
Most evidence is that it's an Mg supplement exactly as expected.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new