Kenya tree and paly/zoa

  • Thread starter Thread starter shadow_k
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2021
Messages
4,836
Reaction score
11,069
Location
bridgeport
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys
I have a quick question I’m currently battling aiptasia breakout in my tank. Now I have one touching my Kenya tree and 4 in between my paly/zoa colony is it possible that there releasing toxins in the tank from the sting of the aiptasia ?
 
Hey guys
I have a quick question I’m currently battling aiptasia breakout in my tank. Now I have one touching my Kenya tree and 4 in between my paly/zoa colony is it possible that there releasing toxins in the tank from the sting of the aiptasia ?
No toxins from Aptasia. If there are a few, Using a syringe, inject either lemon juice or better yet. . kalkwasser powder mixed with tank water into a paste the consistency of toothpaste and inject into the very center core and each will melt away
 
Thank you for the quick reply ! Did ve tried kalk paste I made it worse unfortunately since I didn’t completely do it correct….

I have nudibranch working on this I have about 70+ aiptasia.

I have other LPS corals in my tank that are not looking grest Duncan, hammer candy cane . The paly/zoa colony are actually melting/dying from the aiptasia imbedded in them could the dying coral be releasing toxin in the water that are effecting other coral ?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new