Kenya tree and paly/zoa

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys
I have a quick question I’m currently battling aiptasia breakout in my tank. Now I have one touching my Kenya tree and 4 in between my paly/zoa colony is it possible that there releasing toxins in the tank from the sting of the aiptasia ?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey guys
I have a quick question I’m currently battling aiptasia breakout in my tank. Now I have one touching my Kenya tree and 4 in between my paly/zoa colony is it possible that there releasing toxins in the tank from the sting of the aiptasia ?
No toxins from Aptasia. If there are a few, Using a syringe, inject either lemon juice or better yet. . kalkwasser powder mixed with tank water into a paste the consistency of toothpaste and inject into the very center core and each will melt away

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the quick reply ! Did ve tried kalk paste I made it worse unfortunately since I didn’t completely do it correct….

I have nudibranch working on this I have about 70+ aiptasia.

I have other LPS corals in my tank that are not looking grest Duncan, hammer candy cane . The paly/zoa colony are actually melting/dying from the aiptasia imbedded in them could the dying coral be releasing toxin in the water that are effecting other coral ?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 48 82.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back