Kenya tree droopy

nonstopsoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help! My Kenya tree has been droopy for a few days since I got it and I don’t know what to do

image.jpg

OP
OP
N

nonstopsoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using a NICREW classic led full spectrum and the tank is only a 5 gallon so I don’t know if I should put in a power head

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need more flow. Tree leathers like lots of flow. Get a powerhead in there. I like this one:

hygger Mini Wave Maker Magnetic DC Powerhead with LED Display Controller for Saltwater Tank, 1600 GPH Aquarium Water Circulation Pump 3 to 25 Gallon​

TangGang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely agree with the other reefers, these guys love the flow. Honestly you can’t overdo flow for these corals. Good luck!

OP
OP
N

nonstopsoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! The hygger powerhead is a bit over my price range (I’m 15 so I have yet to find a job) but I will try to find a good power head for a little cheaper

a fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a Kenya Tree and it has been droopy for the past month. Any advice? thanks

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flow is the best advice. They like flow. They also hat you messing in the tank. If you are in the tank a lot or making changes, they will close up and droop. give it time with flow and hands off. Good luck!

a fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flow is the best advice. They like flow. They also hat you messing in the tank. If you are in the tank a lot or making changes, they will close up and droop. give it time with flow and hands off. Good luck!
Ok, thanks!

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive ordered the sun sun wavemaker and its coming on sunday, i will update if it makes a difference :)))
Which sunsun did you end up getting? Just be aware that they're pretty "open" so beware of things getting sucked into the powerhead. They're pretty powerful for the price too, and there's no way to turn them down

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back