Kenya tree dropping a branch

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2022
Messages
1,275
Reaction score
784
Location
Loves Park
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My kenya tree is dropping its first branch, its barely hanging on.

I don't really want to wait and let it get shredded by a powerhead or inadvertently sting soemthing else.

Should I pluck it? Or wait?
 
I leave the branches alone They typically settle in someplace and I just let them grow there. Alternatively, you can place it where you want and let it attach there.
 
My kenya tree is dropping its first branch, its barely hanging on.

I don't really want to wait and let it get shredded by a powerhead or inadvertently sting soemthing else.

Should I pluck it? Or wait?
Up to you, but trust me, this will be the first of many. They grow and reproduce like weeds.
 
I leave the branches alone They typically settle in someplace and I just let them grow there. Alternatively, you can place it where you want and let it attach there.
What is the risk of non nem gayrded powerheads shredding it and destroying my tank? That's the biggest thing I am worried about.
 
What is the risk of non nem gayrded powerheads shredding it and destroying my tank? That's the biggest thing I am worried about.
Agree. If you see it, grab it and throw it away. Many that you won’t see will spread in your tank. If you don’t keep up with them, you can get overrun.
 
What is the risk of non nem gayrded powerheads shredding it and destroying my tank? That's the biggest thing I am worried about.
I don’t know where your powerheads are in relation to the coral. But the pieces that I’ve seen fall off tend to sink to the sand bed. That said, if it makes you nervous pull them out as you desire.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new