Kenya tree dropping a branch

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My kenya tree is dropping its first branch, its barely hanging on.

I don't really want to wait and let it get shredded by a powerhead or inadvertently sting soemthing else.

Should I pluck it? Or wait?

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I leave the branches alone They typically settle in someplace and I just let them grow there. Alternatively, you can place it where you want and let it attach there.

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My kenya tree is dropping its first branch, its barely hanging on.

I don't really want to wait and let it get shredded by a powerhead or inadvertently sting soemthing else.

Should I pluck it? Or wait?
Up to you, but trust me, this will be the first of many. They grow and reproduce like weeds.

OP
OP
Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I leave the branches alone They typically settle in someplace and I just let them grow there. Alternatively, you can place it where you want and let it attach there.
What is the risk of non nem gayrded powerheads shredding it and destroying my tank? That's the biggest thing I am worried about.

Homebrewer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the risk of non nem gayrded powerheads shredding it and destroying my tank? That's the biggest thing I am worried about.
Agree. If you see it, grab it and throw it away. Many that you won’t see will spread in your tank. If you don’t keep up with them, you can get overrun.

dansyr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're quite easy to pull off at this point. Think like a very very ripe fruit. I would gently tug it off (it will be very easy). and then tuck it where you want. So it doesn't get stuck somewhere you don't want.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know where your powerheads are in relation to the coral. But the pieces that I’ve seen fall off tend to sink to the sand bed. That said, if it makes you nervous pull them out as you desire.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back