Kenya tree frag

Barb0713

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my Kenya tree frag was growing great for 2 months , then bent over fully extended on a rock for a week. I picked it up by the base and all the pieces flew all over the tank . Now it is just a main trunk and 3 little trunks , almost open ended. But not melted ???? Is it dead ? Will it grow back ? Should I pull it out. ? Thanks

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my Kenya tree frag was growing great for 2 months , then bent over fully extended on a rock for a week. I picked it up by the base and all the pieces flew all over the tank . Now it is just a main trunk and 3 little trunks , almost open ended. But not melted ???? Is it dead ? Will it grow back ? Should I pull it out. ? Thanks
Really, that sounds very bad to me.
It should not come apart like that, should stand upright and towards the light and sway with the flow.

What’s water chemistry?

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kenya Tree, the Dandelion of the Reef Aquarium. And you can‘t even make Wine out of them.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was the size of a football after growing for a couple years and the just shriveled up to nothing during the course of the fifth year. The only change I made was upgrading to a larger tank and adding and extra light.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%

Back