Kenya Tree Issues

AdamNanoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What‘s going on with my Kenya Tree? It hasn’t opened for about 1 week. It looks dead to me, but multiple articles are talking about Kenya Trees not opening for days and that its completely normal. Well, it’s been about a week, so I‘m not sure... All my water tests look great and are within the range. Any advise please? Thank you!

image.jpg image.jpg

sixline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks somewhat open to me. When they're dead they shrink down to almost nothing.

However, it looks like it's laying on its side and not completely open. Is it attached to a plug or a piece of coral rubble? I'd try standing it up and moving to an area with a bit of flow.

OP
OP
AdamNanoReef

AdamNanoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks somewhat open to me. When they're dead they shrink down to almost nothing.

However, it looks like it's laying on its side and not completely open. Is it attached to a plug or a piece of coral rubble? I'd try standing it up and moving to an area with a bit of flow.
Thank you for the message. I moved him to a higher flow location of the tank. He is standing now too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 56

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
problem is:
They respond to light and water conditions.
IF your light is this blue/dim, they'll rarely fully open. They require some nitrate (< .05) and even a hint of phosphate.
Salinity a tad high and although not instrumental, your overall CA is low.

Go for these targets and SLOWLY :
temp 77-79
salinity 1.025
Phos < .04
Alk 8-9
CA 450
PH 8.1 - 8.3
Mag 1300
Nitrate < .05
Ammonia < .03

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find my Kenya tree much like one of those advertising "air dancers" When I shut off flow in my tank for feeding, it eventually flops over and when the flow comes back it stands back up. Definitely likes flow.

OP
OP
AdamNanoReef

AdamNanoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find my Kenya tree much like one of those advertising "air dancers" When I shut off flow in my tank for feeding, it eventually flops over and when the flow comes back it stands back up. Definitely likes flow.
Thank you for the comment!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moderate flow. The should move with the waterline a gentle breeze. They like a higher nutrient tank 10-20 nitrate. They also like some phosphate. 1.026 is fine just doesn't give much wiggle room thats why 1.025 is preferred. They get big and reproduce like crazy

Back