Kenya Tree Shedding or Dead?

Eyezik

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2021
Messages
80
Reaction score
38
Location
Kalamazoo County
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both my kenya trees are grey and shrunken, they are not limp. My LFS said they may be “sunburned” which I think was another way to say shedding. I just bought a new light and very likely could have had it to bright. What do you think?
image.jpg
 
Looks like it’s just shedding, but it’s always a good idea to light acclimate new corals
Thanks for confirming, and yes getting in that habit of light acclimating. I had these 2 before I got my new light so I had it low to start then raised it over the week.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new