Kenya tree slouching over.

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea why my kenya tree is slouching over? It usually takes time to “wake up” in the morning but this is kinda unusual. I found my pencil urchin eating it about a week ago but its no doing that anymore. Lighting issue or wavemaker? Wavemaker is pumping pretty high right now.
image.jpg

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea why my kenya tree is slouching over? It usually takes time to “wake up” in the morning but this is kinda unusual. I found my pencil urchin eating it about a week ago but its no doing that anymore. Lighting issue or wavemaker? Wavemaker is pumping pretty high right now.
image.jpg
Things look a bit sterile in this tight shot. Are there nutrients in the tank?

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imho, they tend to thrive in 'dirty' tanks, like most softies. My nitrates was hovering between 20-45ish and p was around .9 and it was growing like a weed.

Mine currently looks blah in the smaller 50g tank with much lower nutrient/bio load.

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imho, they tend to thrive in 'dirty' tanks, like most softies. My nitrates was hovering between 20-45ish and p was around .9 and it was growing like a weed.

Mine currently looks blah in the smaller 50g tank with much lower nutrient load.
Oh ok, so what nutrients could i put in here? Like some micro algae or something?

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How has it been doing in general since the last post you made that was similar to this a month or so ago?
If it bounced back from last time, it may be just going through another cycle like that. Give it time to shed off and perk back up maybe? A lot of leathers will wilt and then bounce back regularly as they shed the slime coat

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How has it been doing in general since the last post you made that was similar to this a month or so ago?
If it bounced back from last time, it may be just going through another cycle like that. Give it time to shed off and perk back up maybe? A lot of leathers will wilt and then bounce back regularly as they shed the slime coat
This. They can be stupid temperamental.

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like what? I put carbon occasionally. What nutrients are good for kenyas?
Any foods whether directly for corals or fish food that will eaten by fish and pooped out as food for your droopy Kenya. Do you have fish in the tank?

Reeferbadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very hard to kill kenya trees - but my angels (flame and Emporer) keep them in check. I would just eradicate before they overwhelm your tank - they are more weeds than corals IMHO

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been doing good i think it might just be shedding. Thats what ive heard.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very hard to kill kenya trees - but my angels (flame and Emporer) keep them in check. I would just eradicate before they overwhelm your tank - they are more weeds than corals IMHO
To each their own. I'm doing softie dominated, no issues with them. You just need to know how to deal with them.

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats what ive heard haha. I honestly just want a tank full of Kenya’s cause there easy to care for and my favorite color is orange.

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude id like to see a pic of your emporer and kenya tree that sounds like an awesome tank.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 175 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back