Kessil A160we intensity

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have 1 A160we over a zoanthid dominate frag tank. The light is mounted 8" over the water and the frag rack is approximately 8" below the surface. The intensity is currently at 40% with 0% color. It has been at this setting for about 3 weeks and everything seems to be doing great.

Should I try and experiment with increasing the intensity or just leave it be? If so, how is the best way to go about it? I was thinking bumping it 5% per week as long as everything was still looking good.

Last edited:

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have 1 A160we over a zoanthid dominate frag tank. The light it mounted 8" over the water and the frag rack is approximately 8" below the surface. The intensity is currently at 40% with 0% color. It has been at this setting for about 3 weeks and everything seems to be doing great.

Should I try and experiment with increasing the intensity or just leave it be? If so, how is the best way to go about it? I was thinking bumping it 5% per week as long as everything was still looking good.
"If it ain't broke, dont fix it" ;)

OP
OP
P

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"If it ain't broke, dont fix it" ;)

That's kind of what I was thinking, I just didn't know if it was worth experimenting with since I just randomly picked 40% as a starting point.

chum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's kind of what I was thinking, I just didn't know if it was worth experimenting with since I just randomly picked 40% as a starting point.
i am in the same boat as you are. i have a fusion 40 with the same light and i have mine ramp up for an hour to 70% intensity and max out at 15% color. it runs at this for 8 hours and then ramps down for an hour. i think the tank looks a little to blue for my taste. i thought the zoas would pop more but they kinda all look the same color. not sure if i should bring it to zero color to get the zoas to color up better or the opposite. i want to see all there bright colors but just can not find the answer.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 67 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back