Kessil a160we lighting for corals

newreefer95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a deep blue 80 gallon frag tank (my first non-nano tank). It’s 4 foot long and 16 inches deep. I have 2 Kessil A160we lights at 7 inches above the water level. Does anyone have recommendations on a lighting schedule that I can use for mainly Zoa's to start. I also have the Kessil spectrum x controller to make it easier.

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as time on at least 6 hours but not mor than 12 hours. As far as spectrum and intensity that will depend prefferences of the animals you're keeping.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think you can mount the lights a little higher to gain more spread. I think 6 - 8hrs peak is good with an hour or two ramp on either side. Color is personal preference, but I think you start with 100% intensity and see how the zoas respond. At 16" deep, you should be fine. Just observe the animals and they'll tell you if you need more intensity or a longer peak period.

OP
OP
N

newreefer95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you can mount the lights a little higher to gain more spread. I think 6 - 8hrs peak is good with an hour or two ramp on either side. Color is personal preference, but I think you start with 100% intensity and see how the zoas respond. At 16" deep, you should be fine. Just observe the animals and they'll tell you if you need more intensity or a longer peak period.
Oh ok so 100 percent should I peak it at 100 or just ramp it up right away?

KonradTO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 73 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 56 26.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back