KESSIL A160WE. VS. AI PRIME

JCSReefing

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2014
Messages
450
Reaction score
64
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at getting a light for my 40g nuvo. I am up in the air on which to buy. Looking at a kessil a160we and control it by apex or the Aaqua illumination prime?? Any thought and info would be greatly appreciated. Right now I am using the ocean revive t-247 but am thinking of the above as they have a sleeker look.
 
You do know that which ever one you select, you'll need two as one won't give you the spread and par you would want for a reef tank. I've heard the ALs are pretty nice. I guess they both have their own qualities, you just have to figure out what it is you want to do with your tank. I had a A160WE over a Nuvo 20 and I got the spread, just not the par or spectrum I wanted in a frag tank.
Maybe this will help, not confuse, a little;)
 
As stated above one of these fixtures won't be enough. One Kessil A360W will do a good job and give you a cleaner look. However, if I were you I would look into getting an ATI or Giesemann T5 fixture instead for better par and spectrum.
 
I originally bought the kessil 160 for my 30 gallon should have listened to everyone here and bought the 360, needless to say now I have both on my tank.:D
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new