Kessil a360we help

TarHeelReefer22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
I have been running leds now for over 3 years and have been more than satisfied with the growth and color from my sps. I have now purchased the kessil a360 models and will be switching over to them this weekend. My question for you guys is what light schedule should I be running them to make sure my corals don't stress the change too much. currently I am running my fixtures which are just blues and whites at blues 100 percent for 10 hours and whites 5 hours at 50-60 percent. everything is happy and acclimated to this schedule so I am unsure of what I should start the cycle. I am in a standard 75

lionfish5740

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As usual, better to play it safe and start dimmer than you think is ok and/or shorter lighting period.
I ramp up/down my 360s color to 60% at the peak of the day. I found that my corals responded better with not ramping up to higher % white light with these.
IMO, Intensity will depend on how high off the water and how deep your tank is. Only increase one aspect at a time, i.e. color, intensity or period each week and watch your corals response.
I just added another 360 to my long shallow tank for preparation of SPS and are currently ramping up the intensity all over again to be careful.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 75.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 6.0%
Back