Kessil a360WE repair?

ERIC1975

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So one of my Kessil a360WE light just stopped working last week. Checked adaptor and it's supplying power but light wont turn on. So I opened it up cleaned up all the dust and found one of the fuse/resistor on the circuit board is blown. It's labeled D2...near the inner edge in the pic. Contacted Kessil support and they basically said there's no fixing it and offered a new light for $250.
I'm wondering if anyone who knows how to fix it or where to buy the part?? Thanks
20180124_082224.jpg

20180124_081616.jpg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So one of my Kessil a360WE light just stopped working last week. Checked adaptor and it's supplying power but light wont turn on. So I opened it up cleaned up all the dust and found one of the fuse/resistor on the circuit board is blown. It's labeled D2...near the inner edge in the pic. Contacted Kessil support and they basically said there's no fixing it and offered a new light for $250.
I'm wondering if anyone who knows how to fix it or where to buy the part?? Thanks
20180124_082224.jpg

20180124_081616.jpg
Unfortunately kessil may be right. On small components like that, it's darn near impossible to resolder small units like that back on the circuit board without frying something else with the heat from the soldering iron. And as far as finding a replacement piece, if you have a radio shack or small electronics store take the unit in by them and see if they may be able to match something up. good luck!!

Finhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a surface mount diode, to replace it you would need to know the value. I would assume the D1,D2,D3,D4 diodes area all the same, you could desolder one of the other 3 to measure the value and order the part from DigiKey. But that wouldn't guarantee a fix unfortunately since it looks like a few other componants may have gotten a little crispy at the same time.

OP
OP
ERIC1975

ERIC1975

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys for the inputs. Yeah I didn't think I can get that part anywhere. Even if I do it would be near impossible to solder it on to the board without frying something else :/ it's so small I have to put on magnifying glass to see it.
Kessil support said they can fix it but it would cost more than buying a new light lol.

Wiz Khareefa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys for the inputs. Yeah I didn't think I can get that part anywhere. Even if I do it would be near impossible to solder it on to the board without frying something else :/ it's so small I have to put on magnifying glass to see it.
Kessil support said they can fix it but it would cost more than buying a new light lol.
know this is an old post but did you resolve your issue

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 117 58.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 61 30.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 73 36.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.0%

Back