Kessil A360X - Am I doing wrong if I have Violet channel at 0 ?

Subnautica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been playing around with the channels on my 360X's for a while and I found out I like it best at CLR 15, Violet 0, Red 20, Green 0, Intensity 50 (this is during the peak of the day). But I've read that Violet channel should match with Intensity. Is there a reason for it and am I doing wrong ?

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don’t like it don’t use it. Lights were effective without violets for a while (still are). But using it just provides more wavelengths the coral is capable of using for metabolic function. Leaving it out is just taking away from the overall spectrum.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you don’t like it don’t use it. Lights were effective without violets for a while (still are). But using it just provides more wavelengths the coral is capable of using for metabolic function. Leaving it out is just taking away from the overall spectrum.
This! If you have the controller or dongle, I would use it, as it will provide a much deeper/broader spectrum that corals utilize. If you decide to use it, just add 20% or so to start, then add 5% a week (or two) until you match the lights intensity.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back