Kessil A360X Tuna Blue Lighting ☀️

Zachywack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone
☀️
I am installing a Kessil A360X onto a tank that is only 12” deep, 4ft long. Approximately where should the intensity be set (1%-100%)for LPS, if the light is sitting 8” above the water line? The spread is phenomenal and does a good job of lighting the entire tank. I can always rent a par meter however it would be great if a veteran could offer some advice. Thanks!

84095E66-C8D7-45B6-B98F-AF0CA08C270E.jpeg

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, considering how long the tank is, might need more than one just to cover the entire tank, depending on what you have in there. If it is just a frag tank, you might be fine with just one, but having two wouldn't hurt. On the other hand if it will be a full reef tank with live rocks, then you will definitely end up needing two or more due to the shadowing that occurs from the rockwork. The rockwork creating shadows in some places that I have corals is the entire reason why I wound up with two lighta on my 29 gallon lol.

OP
OP
Z

Zachywack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, considering how long the tank is, might need more than one just to cover the entire tank, depending on what you have in there. If it is just a frag tank, you might be fine with just one, but having two wouldn't hurt. On the other hand if it will be a full reef tank with live rocks, then you will definitely end up needing two or more due to the shadowing that occurs from the rockwork. The rockwork creating shadows in some places that I have corals is the entire reason why I wound up with two lighta on my 29 gallon lol.
Yeah, that’s the plan. For now it will cover a 30” wide area until I can add a second light.

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend starting at 25% intensity and go from there. These lights pack a punch, but seem dim to our eyes.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 82 48.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back